• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 3 Choices

Wake Forest welcomes its new head basketball coach Tommy Amaker
lana-talk-to-the-hand.gif

We need VCU to lose soon, or else we risk losing Howland.
Worst-case scenario is definitely a long VCU run, Howland gets tired of waiting and goes to Marquette, Shaka says no, and we're left with Amaker or Miller.

If you are a good coach, how do you not win at Michigan???

Worst-case scenario is definitely a long VCU run, Howland gets tired of waiting and goes to Marquette, Shaka says no, and we're left with Amaker or Miller.

So, based on history, that is precisely what will happen.

If you are a good coach, how do you not win at Michigan???

Just to play devil's advocate... because you shouldn't take a job that big as your first head coaching gig? Still to much to learn and you shouldn't "learn on the job" at a power conference school.

Shaka - easily #1 choice. His teams play with passion and are fun to watch. Smart guy.

Howland - wins, but boring to watch. Boring as in his teams play fantastic, winning defense. Personality? Better than Buzz, but no Shaka.

Amaker - he failed badly in his other BCS opportunity. Hard to argue with what he's done at Harvard, but IMO the third choice.

I'd take Miller over Amaker, gun to my head.
Glad Shaka has a good incoming class. Might make it easier to leave knowing he left the pantry full.

Getting way too excited about Shaka when we all know there's no fucking way that will happen. I hate you all.

1. Shaka - least likely though
2. Howland - safe bet if he's willing to wait for us
3. Miller - like the "little brother" thing.....could be a "keeper" for a long while

Shaka and Wake Forest is the best match. I think he would fit nicely and would have success here.

Howland would be good, but I just don't see him and W-S as a good fit.

Amaker...the worst. I really think he would clash with the rest of the AD/staff. Remember...he is spawn of the rat...so you know he's a prick.

After the last 4 years, I want someone likable.

I would be ecstatic with Shaka. And excited about Howland. Not so much with Amaker, but not completely disappointed.

What if we offer some of these guys and they publicly so "no thanks"? We're screwed.

Back