• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HBO Real Sports bringing the heat on UNC Academic Fraud

Favorite part of the video is at the 1:25 when Bernie asks if he had to take a language. The player reaction is great. He is either thinking 'I hope I pronounced that right' or 'I think it was Swahili'.

On learning Swahili at UNC
I took a class last year [he has not declared a major], and I am taking another this year. Maybe I'll use the language on a trip to Africa someday. There's no reason I chose Swahili other than that I thought it would be cool. I enjoy it.
Tyler+2.jpg

I'd like to see Bernard interview RW about the last four years.

Tomorrow night? Sorry honey, I've got a new plan for our anniversary!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ght-hbo-takes-a-look-at-unc.html#.UzH0qkrD99M

Glad to see the Charlotte Observer and News & Observer are promoting the episode. They are also looking at Memphis and Oklahoma, so unfortunately the segment won't be all about The Carolina Way.

Goldberg interviews Mary Willingham, a UNC whistle-blower who formerly worked with athletes. Willingham has claimed to have data showing that 60 percent of 183 athletes at UNC, specially tested over an eight-year period, could not read at the high school level and that another 10 percent could not read above the third-grade level.

OTL did a piece on this as well today. The UNC person who was on defending them -- well, she didn't come across so great

The football coaches and Forest should be fired for this. There's no question they were involved. It's a gross dereliction of his duty for Forest not to know if his players can't read above a fourth grade level.

The football coaches and Forest should be fired for this. There's no question they were involved. It's a gross dereliction of his duty for Forest not to know if his players can't read above a fourth grade level.

A lot of basketball players took no show classes.

Last edited:
He should be fired and given a very long show cause. It didn't happen in a vacuum.

HaHa! Saw this posted on the Carolina board. State fans are so crazy.
I don't really want to get into this but this blew my mind.....
there is a guy on twitter that is tweeting all of our commits/targets for football reminding them that the hbo special is coming on and telling them to be sure and watch it. also has sent fedora, brewer, and bubba messages asking them if they could watch it together. what kind of sick fan base do they really have in rawlee man these are "grown men" doing this
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1408&t=12766978

Back