• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bzzz throws fans and former players under the bus again

Is anyone getting thoroughly convinced that without the massive alumni negativity we'd be stuck with a 5th year of buzz?

Ron Wellman did not look like a man that wanted Bz out while he was getting destroyed at that ridiculous press conference.

Buzz's horrible coaching aside, public slandering of college kids and their legal issues is completely out of bounds. And to try to spin that to make himself look better? Shame on him. What a shitty person.

While I don't disagree with this post, I think it's funny how some people point out these little things, like the Quad being rolled, and say "what an embarrassment."

Our record over the past four years was the embarrassment. That more people weren't really embarrassed and really mad about that, especially the people in positions of influence, is the real story here.

I'd actually be surprised if there wasn't some sort of language in the agreement that curtailed what he could talk about with the media.

It's been the story for awhile. People will believe anything to prop up the regime. This was just that hard to prop up. Hopefully our fanbase has grown a pair and strive for excellence instead of mediocrity.

Buzz's horrible coaching aside, public slandering of college kids and their legal issues is completely out of bounds. And to try to spin that to make himself look better? Shame on him. What a shitty person.

Jeffrey Motherfucking [Redacted] is a loser on and off the court.

My exact thoughts. If the only way you can defend yourself is by slamming other people, then you're better off served by saying absolutely nothing at all.

Completely lost in Buzz's universe is the assumption that "culture building" necessitated having such shitty teams, only to result in one with a (barely) winning record against a shit schedule and a win in the ACC play-in game FOUR FUCKING YEARS LATER.

It's immaterial. You don't go around talking about kids like that....years after the incidents. Dino stayed quiet over all this crap for 4 years...like someone with integrity does...while Bz had to start blabbing 4 days after leaving. I'd like to buy Dino a beer someday. Standup dude.

this. Dino has held his tongue while being slandered all over the place by his former employer for 4 years. He's come out of all this looking better than anyone.

While I don't disagree with this post, I think it's funny how some people point out these little things, like the Quad being rolled, and say "what an embarrassment."
IMO the article isn't an embarrassment to Wake at all. We made the decision to can the guy and he's just demonstrating why that had to happen. Most outsiders I talked to understood we got into this mix with the wrong guy and that we just had to basically wait it out...par of the course in coaching choices. It happens.

The quad rolling raised some eyebrows though. I caught more fan shit for that and the billboards than anything Bz ever did. Bz can go away...the rep of Wake fans can't...but I think a lot of people might understand why it happened after reading that article!

IMO the article isn't an embarrassment to Wake at all. We made the decision to can the guy and he's just demonstrating why that had to happen. Most outsiders I talked to understood we got into this mix with the wrong guy and that we just had to basically wait it out...par of the course in coaching choices. It happens.

The quad rolling raised some eyebrows though. I caught more fan shit for that and the billboards than anything Bz ever did. Bz can go away...the rep of Wake fans can't...but I think a lot of people might understand why it happened after reading that article!

You don't get it, but it's not worth hashing out. Moving on.

Dino has held his tongue while being slandered all over the place by his former employer for 4 years. He's come out of all this looking better than anyone.

This is about the only positive in this sad mess.

All the people who said Bzz isn't a bad person just a bad coach may be rethinking that position a little now huh?

I tried to tell you the guy is scum. Pure filth. Beyond reprehensible. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire!

Fuck him. He is such a whiney little asshole. Those quotes were very much "look at me look at me" statements. I am so glad we are shed of him. I wonder if Hatch will send out an email explaining to students that shitting all over your predecessors in the press is not the Wake Forest way in that it is classless? I kind of doubt it.

Corpses don't give interviews, Bob.

Also, all corpses are dead.

First time I've ever seen a lynch mob try to continue to hang a dead corpse.

I'm on board with 99% of the "just move on" stuff... But that interview? Bashing kids who've been out of the program for 4 years? Blaming message boards for Haas? Referring to the fans that wanted him gone as "the minority" and commenting on all the "beautiful" emails he's been getting?

People have limits. Those are just unbelievable positions to go on record with.

Back