• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bzzz throws fans and former players under the bus again

Read the article and I'm Buzz out....but I didn't see anything that I thought was condemning.

Dino's last class was a mess.

i am sure that Wake's lack of an engineering program has nothing to do with why Haas chose Purdue - but that's probably the negative fan's fault too

good call jeff

i am sure that Wake's lack of an engineering program has nothing to do with why Haas chose Purdue - but that's probably the negative fan's fault too

good call jeff
Or that Matt Painter has shown an ability to develop big men and get them into the NBA, whereas Buzz has not .

Bz just proved what an absolute jackass he really is. Dino has been a class act through this whole charade Wellman has put on. The quad rolling was not only justified, it was a welcome release for a tortured fanbase. Bravo to those that contributed to the billboards. Wellman should understand that mediocrity will not be accepted by this WFU fans any longer. Go out and get us Smart or Howland or GTFO!

sent a link of this article to Dave Ramsey of the Colorado Springs Post Gazette. Maybe we will get a good column out of him.

This is a continuation of the diatribe Wellman is preaching to anyone will listen. Don't think for a second that this was not coordinated. Until his protector is removed from the board, Wellman will be allowed free reign and will hide behind this story. Hatch will not intervene due to his own weakness at the board level. It's a bad situation that has a multi-year tail. To the point on fundraising, it Bzz / Wellman have been an enormous issue with the 10-100k level donor, as they are typically 35-50 and not as insular in their thinking about the university.

Some interesting stuff on page 6 of this thread.

pos rep to both Belmont (well stated) and West End (insightful commentary) as I am out of rep to spread for the day!

This is a continuation of the diatribe Wellman is preaching to anyone will listen. Don't think for a second that this was not coordinated. Until his protector is removed from the board, Wellman will be allowed free reign and will hide behind this story. Hatch will not intervene due to his own weakness at the board level. It's a bad situation that has a multi-year tail. To the point on fundraising, it Bzz / Wellman have been an enormous issue with the 10-100k level donor, as they are typically 35-50 and not as insular in their thinking about the university.

Yep. Pretty much. I thought Hatch might actually be stepping up his game with dumb-ass's dismissal; only to have him send out that lame, out-of-touch email regarding the quad.

Administratively, I think we're pretty well fucked.

His complete incompetence as a coach aside, I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt as a person. He continues make it impossible for me to do that.

Same for me..damn this guy

Yep, just as I was beginning to emerge from the coma that was the [Redacted] Error, I am reminded that no matter what grand slam hire Wellman makes, he too still needs to go away as soon as possible.

If Hatch has any integrity he will send out an email to the Wake Forest community condemning [Redacted] for this interview. A grown man should never resort to blaming teenagers and anonymous negative fans for their own failures. It is more shameful and embarrassing than toilet paper hanging from a few trees.

He had no business ever being here. [Redacted] was way over his head. Ron Wellman owes us with a great hire. Period end of story. Otherwise his legacy is forever gone.

I enjoyed Buzz's quote on Isaac Haas. In 2014, one can no longer stick your head in the sand & ignore the media & the internet & your fans. Ron Wellman must learn that immediately.

The man needs a twitter account and needs to adapt to our world today. You can't get away with his approach in any other business. There was an era when AD's and Coach's could hide from the internet & then spin the truth once a year in a press conference. That era ended at some point last decade.

Colorado didn't fire him but I know how they must have felt when he left town. It's like four years of grey sky have lifted. I'm not even sweating who we hire. It could be PhD and rj for all I care. People who know basketball know he didn't get a raw deal at Wake. I'm sure other coaches look at him and are thankful he made it through four seasons winning only two road games in conference.

more likely...

Back