• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Latest From Country Dan

Shy of an abrupt change of heart and a sudden/uncharacteristic willingness to torch bridges, yes.

Stranger things have happened, so, here's to hoping things get strange (where's DV7 with a sign when you need him?).

If he has decided, he doesn't appear to have communicated it to Wake. It would have leaked out if we got shot down.

Me really, really sad right now.

RW: "Hey VTWhatchetc., I know we've had our disagreements lately, but here's what we need you to do. Go onto the Wake boards and make up some smokescreen about Shaka turning us down. They'll eat that shit up with a spoon, then me and the Shakster can do some grownup talk at his kitchen table before we take the PRIVATE JET TO SMITH REYNOLDS KINT BITCHES."

If true I'd think you'd expect some sort of definitive statement from VCU and/or Shaka on Saturday. You don't leave your own fans/alumni twisting in the wind.

If true I'd think you'd expect some sort of definitive statement from VCU and/or Shaka on Saturday. You don't leave your own fans/alumni twisting in the wind.

Based on what people are saying about their boards, they aren't twisting in the wind at all.

Different kind of twisting.

I have no idea what is being said about or on VCU boards, but if they are not wound up about teams trying to poach their coach that would point more to a reason to leave (i.e. come to an ACC school where their fans live and die basketball).

Of maybe they just believe he will not leave.

Different kind of twisting.

I have no idea what is being said about or on VCU boards, but if they are not wound up about teams trying to poach their coach that would point more to a reason to leave (i.e. come to an ACC school where their fans live and die basketball).

Of maybe they just believe he will not leave.

According to them he will die there

If we rip Jay Wright out of the Big East I'll call it a day. I think it would be a big mistake for Shaka not to seriously consider Wake but he's going to follow his heart. And with all due respect to VT, there is no way of knowing if Shaka was offered or, if he was, what his decision making process is. That's why I'm enjoying golf and basketball this weekend. I think we'll make a great hire unless some dipshit thinks Turner is a better hire than Shaka. But something is up if an insider says Shaka would be settling.

If we rip Jay Wright out of the Big East I'll call it a day. I think it would be a big mistake for Shaka not to seriously consider Wake but he's going to follow his heart. And with all due respect to VT, there is no way of knowing if Shaka was offered or, if he was, what his decision making process is. That's why I'm enjoying golf and basketball this weekend. I think we'll make a great hire unless some dipshit thinks Turner is a better hire than Shaka. But something is up if an insider says Shaka would be settling.

We were warned. We're going to get somebody that the Wake brass think is a home run hire. Given how out of touch they are, there's a risk it's someone who is well past their prime and not that attractive to the hardcore fans.

According to them he will die there

So they are fairly delusional. Not because I think Wake is getting him but except for Mark Few, how many mid-major coaches have been able to hold out against the pressure to leave at some point.

Brad Stevens is with the Celtics, he seemed to have the potential to be like Few.

If he has decided, he doesn't appear to have communicated it to Wake. It would have leaked out if we got shot down.

This. Nobody knows shit. We here rumors on this end and VT hears rumors on his end. It's all speculation.

We were warned. We're going to get somebody that the Wake brass think is a home run hire. Given how out of touch they are, there's a risk it's someone who is well past their prime and not that attractive to the hardcore fans.

This is what has me worried

So they are fairly delusional. Not because I think Wake is getting him but except for Mark Few, how many mid-major coaches have been able to hold out against the pressure to leave at some point.

Brad Stevens is with the Celtics, he seemed to have the potential to be like Few.

They keep saying he's not leaving because he is "special". There's gOing be a day when vcu isn't special enough for him.

I don't buy this. Knowing what we know about our AD during this coaching search, I'm confident we're going to get a good coach. I honestly think Dan was just alluding to pressure by the donors to pursue Jay Wright in some form. It would make a lot of sense. (Obviously, I do not think we are going to sign Jay Wright.)

This. Nobody knows shit. We here rumors on this end and VT hears rumors on his end. It's all speculation.

3.gif

Tom Crean would not be a HR hire. If people are worried about Marshall's prickly personality then they will not like Crean's either. Crean is close to his way out of IU and appears to be burning bridges left and right. Don't know if he is burned out or not but he will not be at IU for long. The IU job is the one I anticipate Brad Stevens going for.

Tom Crean would not be a HR hire. If people are worried about Marshall's prickly personality then they will not like Crean's either. Crean is close to his way out of IU and appears to be burning bridges left and right. Don't know if he is burned out or not but he will not be at IU for long. The IU job is the one I anticipate Brad Stevens going for.

I don't know enough about the Crean situation I guess.

I will say this. I'm sure South Carolina fans thought Dave Odom was a home run hire. I'd like to get a guy on his way up.

Back