• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Latest From Country Dan

CL68 brought up Mark Few. He's definitely a home run.

That article puts pressure on Wellman not to screw it up. If you want WFU to make a good, sane hire, you have to applaud it. Dan is pointing out the advantages that Wellman would otherwise bungle or (pretend to) ignore and attributing them to Wellman, thereby psychologically binding Wellman to them. Well done.

WAKE WILL + Joel owned + BIG DONORS + Hatch plans = MEGA HOOPS HIRE?

No more LOWF!

GO DEACS!!!

Few was the only "logical" person I could come up with that would fit what RW wants, has had sustained success enough to potentially be perceived as a bigger fish than Shaka, and who could possibly be wooed if he wanted a change of scenery....or Dan's source has a very rosy view of Mr. Ben Howland.

Unless Dan is way off with his sources, this sure looks more like a MEGA HIRE objective. To me that can only mean names like Billy Donovan, Tom Crean, Bill Self and Brad Stevens. Coming down a bit, maybe a Jay Wright. Is it possible ????

I don't know, those names still feel like settling to me.

Do we know how much Phil Jackson's buyout is? Has Tim Duncan agreed to retire at the end of the year and come coach with Pop, Tony and Manu as his assistants? Is Wake Will actually a cover to fund Dr. Atala's Wooden-Coach K clone project (Coach K feeling lightheaded at the Joel was clearly a pretext for obtaining his DNA)? These are the questions that need answers.

VT works at VCU, right?

Back