Page 127 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2990

Thread: Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Is that where Southern Lights Bistro used to be many moons ago? Over near where Mad Hatter is now?
    Correct. Second the recommendation, had a great dinner there last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    Weíve enjoyed it. Been three times. Love the turkey pesto crepe.
    I enjoy a good pipe with my crepes.

Thatís what she said.

Ate at Canteen in WS last night. Cool place. Sat at the bar. Food was good.
    Last edited by Buttermaker; 09-15-2018 at 11:51 AM.

A Young Go-Hard
    Quote Originally Posted by JManslow View Post
    I had Mystic Ginger on Wednesday. It was pretty slow, which I hope isnít the trend for them since I really liked it. Itís a little less expensive than Nawab but I didnít think the food was quite as good. My fiancťe thought her entree was much better than what she has had at Nawab and they seem to have a bigger menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by dot com View Post
    I think Mystic Ginger's tikka masala was Campbell's Tomato Soup.
    Dinner at Mystic Ginger and it is not good. Server didnt know about any of the dishes, one of our appetizers were wrong, wife ordered chicken Korma and it was achingly sweet, just disgustingly sweet. I ordered the Kahari chicken and they got my order wrong, delivered Kashmiri chicken, which tasted like tomato soup. They did corr ct my order and the Kahari chicken, a brown spicy stew, was very good. The garlic naan was also very good
    Draxx them sklounst

Any reviews of Agni (on Rt. 68 just off I-40 GSO exit)?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Ate at Canteen in WS last night. Cool place. Sat at the bar. Food was good.
    Butter speaks the truth! Canteen is legit...

Quote Originally Posted by tagsfan View Post
    Too bland for Indian food.

A Young Go-Hard
    Quote Originally Posted by tagsfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BWELLS21 View Post
    Too bland for Indian food.
    I've only had the lunch buffet, but I agree that it was very bland. The owner is very nice. Sona's Indian Cuisine in the Highwoods shopping center is better
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 09-17-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Draxx them sklounst

The one in the shopping center with Dicks/Target is the best imo

Anybody been to Gloria's on 4th street in WS? It is in the old Subway spot near Foothills. They have this thing called the 7 napkin sub which is enormous and very tasty. Other stuff is good too. Very basic menu and options, but nice folks and worth trying out. I have been back a bunch and hope they make it, but haven't seen much traffic.

jon gruden's haircut smallbigtall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDeacon View Post
    Anybody been to Gloria's on 4th street in WS? It is in the old Subway spot near Foothills. They have this thing called the 7 napkin sub which is enormous and very tasty. Other stuff is good too. Very basic menu and options, but nice folks and worth trying out. I have been back a bunch and hope they make it, but haven't seen much traffic.
    They finally opened up, huh? I've seen it but haven't been. Glad to hear it's good. How are the prices?

Finally tried Mary's Gourmet Diner, those grits bowls are a revelation.
    beer and titties

Scooter Banks
    Quote Originally Posted by zqglass View Post
    Finally tried Mary's Gourmet Diner, those grits bowls are a revelation.

Mary's has been doing it right for years.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by smallbigtall View Post
    They finally opened up, huh? I've seen it but haven't been. Glad to hear it's good. How are the prices?
    Prices are fine, the subs are like $7-$8. It is a little odd because i feel like they are making a sandwich like I would at home, not that it is done in a restaurant. That sounds stupid, but you will know what I am talking about if you go. On that "7 napkin" deal they put so much meat and cheese on there that I am not sure how they make any money.

Steve Lepore
    I heard that all the Wich Wich places in Winston and Greensboro shut their doors last week.

A Young Go-Hard
    Quote Originally Posted by tvcigar View Post
    I heard that all the Wich Wich places in Winston and Greensboro shut their doors last week.
    Sucks, Wich Wich is my favorite chain sandwich place.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by LCDeacon View Post
    Prices are fine, the subs are like $7-$8. It is a little odd because i feel like they are making a sandwich like I would at home, not that it is done in a restaurant. That sounds stupid, but you will know what I am talking about if you go. On that "7 napkin" deal they put so much meat and cheese on there that I am not sure how they make any money.
    Ate there today. Great food. People are very nice. Agree on the portions. A lot of bang for your buck. Need an affordable sandwich spot downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Sucks, Wich Wich is my favorite chain sandwich place.
    The one in GSO had the worst management Iíve ever seen. Just painfully slow and often unprepared at opening time. Sucks cause I like their sandys and salads.

I work near the one in Asheville and go once a week or so since I can easily walk to it. the owner(?) is always there and very attentive and seems like she has her shit together because it's always pretty quick and the staff is friendly.