• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup fantasy football game. (3rd place match is stupid.)

deacvision7

Mod Emeritus
Reaction score
Game spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UA8NYDQ7AH7fOeHW1jHTeeitAS6IojIkMaLyiMg7JF8/edit#gid=0

The World Cup is just a couple weeks away now and the squad lists are due on June 2nd. I'd like to have a max of 18 teams and we will do a "live" draft once all rosters are officially turned into FIFA.

I, and wsc if he wants to help again (would be most appreciated), will keep track of points scored after each match day (each countries 1st match, for example.)

Squad starters can be changed after each match day. If a starter doesn't play at all, they will be auto-subbed for somebody on the bench as long as the formation would be legal.

1 Point for appearing in a match
2 Points for playing 60 or more minutes in a match
3 Points for an assist
4 Points for a Penalty Scored
2 points for being whoscored.com's Man of the Match
-2 Points for scoring an own goal
-2 Points for a Penalty Missed
-1 Point for a yellow card
-3 Points for a red card (if two yellows, then just the -3 points)

Goalkeepers
4 Points for a Clean Sheet
1 Point every 3 saves
8 Points for a goal scored (unless it is a penalty)
-1 Point for every 2 goals conceded (-1 additional point if 5 or more goals conceded)
3 Points for a penalty save (does not count shootouts)
-1 Point for every 3 fouls committed
-2 Points for committing a foul in the area resulting in a penalty

Defenders
4 Points for a Clean Sheet
6 Points for a goal scored (unless it is a penalty)
0.25 Points for every tackle won
-1 Point for every 3 fouls committed (no partial points)

Midfielders
1 Point for a Clean Sheet
5 Points for a goal scored (unless it is a penalty)
0.25 Points for every tackle won
-1 Point for every 3 fouls committed
1 Point for every 2 “key passes” – as judged by whoscored.com
1 Point for every 3 fouls suffered

Forwards
4 Points for a goal scored
1 Point for every 2 “key passes” – as judged by whoscored.com
1 Point for every 3 fouls suffered
1 Point for every 5 shots on target

Rules

• Live snake draft
  • 16 rounds
  • Must have at least 2 Goalkeepers, 4 defenders, 5 midfielders and 2 forwards
  • NO restriction on number of players from a country
  • Formations allowed: 5-3-2, 5-4-1, 4-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 3-4-3

If we can arrange for the night of June 2nd for everyone to be around, we could hopefully knock out a good number of rounds early. Then as the week goes on people would have a few hours to submit their pick (or PM me a list of players they would want next in order and I'll do the pick for them.)

If a player has held up the game for 5 hours or so, then I would auto-pick for them based on position need and players left in the draft. If the person doesn't like the auto-pick, once they are back on the thread they can sub out that pick for any player still available. If players have been taken by others since the auto-pick, then they obviously would not be available to switch out. (hope that makes sense)

Anyway... sign up now. Newbies more than welcome.

-------------------------------------------------

Player list

1) dv7
2) wsc
3) Townie
4) Justicebork
5) DeaconSlim
6) Brasky
7) timdunk
8) sd3
9) Die Go Tiger
10) BTB
11) Fayettnam
12) leftcoast
13) DeacMan
14) gsterp
15) damo
16) vad
17) vowel hater
18) ipity

Re-Draft order:
same order all rounds

leftcoast
bork
Brasky
FckVwls
Diego/Tejas
sd3
ipity
damo
timdunk/WFU03
vad
Townie
DeaconSlim
dv7
gsterp
BTB
wsc
Fayet
DeacMan

Last edited:
In. And I will set up the teams and run the event with FM14 concurrently!

In, will definitely win since I'll have inside access from Brazil!

Deffo in, won't be able to update some weeks but I'll def be able to help out some

I'd like to play. May be in and out during draft days as I'm about to start 2 weeks of active duty, but I will update as frequently as I can.

I'd like to play. May be in and out during draft days as I'm about to start 2 weeks of active duty, but I will update as frequently as I can.

Before you report you can send me a PM of players that you want in order and I'll do the selections for you. And if you want to fill up all "starting" positions first, then let me know that and I'll skip over people in positions that you've filled up in order to build your strongest possible starting XI.

Last edited:
Before you report you can send me a PM of players that you want in order and I'll do the selections for you. And if you want to fill up all "starting" positions first, then let me know that and I'll skip over people in positions that you've filled up in order to build your strongest possibly starting XI.

Alright, cool. Appreciate the help.

Just for clarification, no restrictions on country players as long as legal formation. However, after knockout rounds, if you only have say 2 defenders, you would be able to start an illegal formation with the numbers of players you have left? Is that how it works?

Just for clarification, no restrictions on country players as long as legal formation. However, after knockout rounds, if you only have say 2 defenders, you would be able to start an illegal formation with the numbers of players you have left? Is that how it works?

We did a redraft of players left in the pool after the group stages for the Euros and I'd imagine we will do something similar, although really only bench players will probably still be available at that point.

But say in the QFs or beyond, you would still "start" 3 defenders or so, it is just that the guys on knocked out countries would obviously not provide you with any points.

Ready to take my homer pick 2 TIME NATIONAL CHAMPION GRAHAM ZUSI

zusi_unc_200.jpg

Back