• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup fantasy football game. (3rd place match is stupid.)

You put up zero dollars and can win the other 17 people's zero dollars.

I would love to play if any slots are available.

You put up zero dollars and can win the other 17 people's zero dollars.

Christ, it's like I'm playing fantasy World Cup football with my brother's kids or something...

Am I on the clock with the first pick?

Is there a place where the projected squads are currently listed? I'm having trouble finding aggregated information on the projected XI for each country left in the tournament.

Is there a place where the projected squads are currently listed? I'm having trouble finding aggregated information on the projected XI for each country left in the tournament.

I have a speadsheet working at my office that I'll put up on google docs tomorrow. Doesn't have all squads as most haven't gone down to 23 players yet -- those are due June 2nd.

With no more spots, I'll be an alternate if needed.

You should go ahead and run the randomizer and start it up. No one getting picked early is in danger of missing their final 23 (except maybe Falcao - but I doubt he is too early of a pick anyways).

Might be tricky to get through 270 picks in 10 days.

You should go ahead and run the randomizer and start it up. No one getting picked early is in danger of missing their final 23 (except maybe Falcao - but I doubt he is too early of a pick anyways).

Might be tricky to get through 270 picks in 10 days.

I'm good with this. Gives me something to do tomorrow while "working remotely."

I'm good to start, will pick from my phone when not at my computer. Another good idea is to give your mobile # to dv7 and allow him to text you when you are on the clock or on deck. If he wants to control the spreadsheet, I'll volunteer to do the OTC texts if it's too much to do both. The text thing worked well in the EURO draft as well as the MLS draft a few years back

Good call on the texting thing. Forgot about that.

If you've signed up, please send me your email and/or cell number in a PM or rep so that I can keep it on file. Oh, and once I have your email, I'll enter you as eligible to change the google doc spreadsheet as well; I just didn't want to make it public.

Good idea to provide cell #s to one or two people who are online regularly. I also propose a 2 or 3 hours "BAPAC" time. (Best Available Player According to the Commish). So, the BAPAC clock runs from 9:00 AM until 9:00 PM, but is suspended overnight.

If you don't pick, respond to texts, etc ... within 2 or 3 hours of the last pick, the commish picks for you.

It is common courtesy to leave a list with somebody if your pick is coming up and you know you'll be out of pocket for a while. Believe me, nobody here has a monopoly on cleverness except maybe ph.

Back