• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources: Tyler Cavanaugh Transferring

It looks like Manning is acting like his college coach and mentor, Larry Brown. He's being a tough guy.

Umm, that's the praise that so many of you had for [name redacted] when he got to Wake, pointing back to his time at AFA and Colorado.

Anyone who is losing their mind about Manning this early is a whining moron who knows nothing about basketball.

LOL. What are the chances you said the same thing when [name redacted] was hired?

LOL. What are the chances you said the same thing when [Redacted] was hired?

8d5RdCR.jpg

It looks like Manning is acting like his college coach and mentor, Larry Brown. He's being a tough guy.

Anyone who is losing their mind about Manning this early is a whining moron who knows nothing about basketball.

I just wish he would be a tough guy with the players who haven't put in enough work. The fat SG. The slow, weak 7 footer who can't box out or execute a simple drop-step. The SF "defensive stopper" with abysmal fundamentals in virtually every facet of the game.

I just wish he would be a tough guy with the players who haven't put in enough work. The fat SG. The slow, weak 7 footer who can't box out or execute a simple drop-step. The SF "defensive stopper" with abysmal fundamentals in virtually every facet of the game.

51579872_Baylor_v_Colorado.jpg

Wilbekin, Codi, McClinton, Cav, Devin versus Wilbekin, Codi, McClinton, Leonard/Daniel, Devin

Not sure I see the disaster here. Having the majority of our scholarships tied up in mediocre to severely flawed players is the real problem. Let's be honest - we have zero tier 1 guys, two tier 2 guys in Codi and Devin, and the rest are all expendable. It stings to lose any player you were rooting for, but we're a team where almost any shake up is a positive.

There's no question we greatly upgraded our coaching, but that doesn't change certain things.

Here are few reasons why:

We beat Duke and UNC last year. There's no way that's happening this year.

The league overall will be better.

We lost our two biggest outside threats. We lost two of our top four scorers.

Losing Moto meant we lost two of our Top 4 rebounders. This is a huge weakness.

Coron and Travis were our best outside threats. The opposition could sag to make it very difficult for Devin to have room to score.

Our three point shooting is a bigger weakness this year than it was last year.

I mean there was no way we were going to beat UNC and Duke last season yet somehow we did anyway. We also lost to some fairly mediocre teams (GT, BC, FSU).

I'm actually not too worried about losing a couple of 0.300 3 pt shooters in Cav and Travis. They were two of our better shooters, but weren't actually very good. The transfer

Rebounding will be tough, but hell I bet Manning actually knows how to teach players to rebound properly, while [Redacted] was utterly clueless.

LOL. What are the chances you said the same thing when [name redacted] was hired?

rj was still saying that about people judging [Redacted] 18 months into his disastrous reign here. rj doesn't exactly have creditability when it comes to judging coaches.

I mean there was no way we were going to beat UNC and Duke last season yet somehow we did anyway. We also lost to some fairly mediocre teams (GT, BC, FSU).

I'm actually not too worried about losing a couple of 0.300 3 pt shooters in Cav and Travis. They were two of our better shooters, but weren't actually very good. The transfer

Rebounding will be tough, but hell I bet Manning actually knows how to teach players to rebound properly, while [Redacted] was utterly clueless.

We have to pick up two losses from the bad teams just to make up for the wins versus Duke and UNC . The league will be better next year than it was last year.

With no boards and no outside shooting, we were always in trouble of getting to .500.

There's no question we greatly upgraded our coaching, but that doesn't change certain things.

Here are few reasons why:

We beat Duke and UNC last year. There's no way that's happening this year.

The league overall will be better.

We lost our two biggest outside threats. We lost two of our top four scorers.

Losing Moto meant we lost two of our Top 4 rebounders. This is a huge weakness.

Coron and Travis were our best outside threats. The opposition could sag to make it very difficult for Devin to have room to score.

Our three point shooting is a bigger weakness this year than it was last year.

You keep repeating this Duke/UNC line and keep ignoring that we lost to GT and BC at home. From a pure W/L perspective the record in those games turned out as expected.

The general "ACC is better" line is a gross generalization too. That could be either way and also depends on our unbalanced schedule.

I'm not equating the coaching and program-running abilities of Manning and [Redacted], because literally anyone is an upgrade over [Redacted], but the rhetoric from the usual suspects following their hires is so, so similar. What's old is new again.

I am a little surprised and wish Tyler well. However if someone can't or won't fit into Manning's system, let them leave now and see if the team that Manning can build will be successful. I'm not sure we would have been that good this year anyway. Ultimately the coach will be judged on wins and losses. I will reserve judgment until I see how they play this year and how well he recruits for the future.

While you are definitely a resident expert on the truly annoying, you got the image wrong.

crazy-old-wheelchair-man.jpg

Back