• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources: Tyler Cavanaugh Transferring

Relax. Everyone knew that this coming year would be challenged with what was left. As long as the effort is there and improved play evolves throughout the year, it will be a success. We will know here we are headed in the 2015 season.

Some of you all are way too attached to players who never even made a post season tournament. I don't believe we should be judging Coach Manning on a potential 5 win swing in 14-15 based on a few mediocre Bzz recruits. Good luck to Tyler, but ill wait to judge our loss based on where he lands.

Haven't seen anyone link Moto transferring to Cav leaving. I know it has been a while but Moto was Cav's best friend on the team. It's possible that after moto left he just didn't want to stay around for two years of rebuild.

Haven't seen anyone link Moto transferring to Cav leaving. I know it has been a while but Moto was Cav's best friend on the team. It's possible that after moto left he just didn't want to stay around for two years of rebuild.

Makes sense but they decided to play for Bz which didn't make sense.

Makes sense but they decided to play for Bz which didn't make sense.

True, a lot of things don't make sense about this and that's one of the few reasons I could think of for Cav to leave.

Sorry to see him go on one hand, can't wait for every shitty piece of [Redacted] era to be outta here on the other.

No too broken up over it. Maybe Roundtree can get some minutes to just pass the ball all over the place.

Quote from Manning added to the WSJ article:

“We expected Tyler to be a significant part of what we were doing,” Manning said. “I told him — and I told all the guys that were coming back to this team — part of the reason I accepted the job and part of the reason my staff was so excited about coming here was because of the returning crew that they had.

“That’s the disappointing part, but our plan isn’t always their plan, I guess.”

Really strange timing for a transfer. Wish the kid well.

I hope there is a master plan for Wake basketball. I really do. However, I have visions of this and assume the crash position....

maxresdefault.jpg

We are going to suck for the next two years. It's what happens after that which matters. This program is in the shitter and digging out isn't going to happen quickly.

We just had to fire Dino. That post season record just wasn't good enough and we had thugs winning game for us.

We're going to suck next year most likely but I don't see any reason to already give up on the 15-16 season, Devin and CMM will be strong seniors (if they stay), Greg McClinton looks to be an athletic high motor 3 in the mold of a taller Strickland. If Tree and HOF Daniel Green (Hang IT!) can develop into decent defenders and contribute, with Wilbekin/Rondale hitting 3s, we should be decent- probably a bubble team.

Tyler improved his skills last year but couldn't jump over a phone book. Not athletic, he played well below the rim. He could shoot from the perimeter and the line and that's about it. Never saw him dunk the ball . Don't let the door hit ya ...

We all thought there'd be a transfer or 2. The problem is the wrong people are transferring. Not that Moto and Cav are great players, but we have a dearth of frontcourt bodies, and I really liked how Moto was coming on.

Dirk, if we're gonna suck for the next 2 years, I hate to think what we'll look like in year 3 when most of our rotation will be frosh.

Hate? That's going to be the most exciting moment in Wake basketball in a long time as long as Manning recruits well.

Disappointing because I liked Cav... Thought he played hard and represented the school well.

I'd assume there are plenty of schools that would want two years of his services.

I don't think there is any big takeaway from this, though... The current situation isn't what he signed up for. We may think it is a better situation for him with Manning here, but Cav obviously knows better than we do.

Best of luck to him.

And yes, this makes us worse for 14-15... No way to spin it otherwise. A ton of minutes to fill.

I actually called this one. The players with the best opportunities are often the ones that transfer. Good luck to Cav. Always liked him as a player.

Liked Cav a lot. Was really looking forward to him coming into his own as an upperclassman with more strength. Tough loss. Wonder if he ends up at 'Cuse.

You really think he would play at the Cuse? Maybe an invited walk on. The talent disparity between us and a real team is enormous.

Back