• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moving to Salisbury

RevDeac06

OGBoards Chaplain
Reaction score
Just got a new job as the Rector (head priest) at St. Luke's in Salisbury, NC, starting in September.

1) Any Deacs live there? Restaurant/housing/day care/cell coverage recs?

2) If you're in the area, come check out St. Luke's in this fall!

Last edited:
Not in Salisbury, but nearby China Grove.

Most of my time out and about is spent south in Kannapolis/Concord area though, not north in Salisbury.

Not in Salisbury, but nearby China Grove.

Most of my time out and about is spent south in Kannapolis/Concord area though, not north in Salisbury.

Thanks. My wife's family is in Concord (and some in Landis), my family is Kannapolis, so I'm sure we'll be spending time heading south on 85.

I'm going to Mambo, a Cuban restaurant in Salisbury, later this month. I've heard good things.

The rest of Salisbury though...

Paging WakeGal...

First Methodist two blocks away just got a young pastor. This will be great for downtown and the churches.

Contact Sae His office at NSSA is in Salisbury.

I've heard a lot about Salisbury and I haven't heard a lot of nice things. It's closer to Charlotte than Winston. That's something, I guess.

ETA: Actually, never mind Salisbury may not even be closer. My bad.

Last edited:
move to Salisbury, England instead. more interesting. old church, cool pubs; close to stonehenge

home of Bobby Jackson!

bobby-jackson-sacramento.jpg

My mother is from Woodleaf, and I have spent a good deal of time in and around Salisbury since I was a small child. I think Salisbury is a very nice town. It has a quaint downtown, some very nice restaurants for its size, some very beautiful old homes, and the people are incredibly friendly.

Which part is dumb? The part where I shared what I have heard about Salisbury or the part where I guesstimated on which city was closer to Charlotte? I guess the latter since the former is just summarizing what I've personally heard about the city.

Which part is dumb? The part where I shared what I have heard about Salisbury or the part where I guesstimated on which city was closer to Charlotte? I guess the latter since the former is just summarizing what I've personally heard about the city.

Maybe the part where you think it is somehow helpful to share your views about a place that you have personally never been, and aren't even really sure about where it is.

You don't even go so far as to say the specifics of what you heard (or haven't heard, other than saying that you "haven't heard a lot of nice things"), who told you these things, or why they would have any basis of knowledge to tell you these things.

Why did you think it was productive or beneficial to say anything at all?

agreed. if someone asks an opinion about a place they are considering moving to that's one thing. But to dis a place you obviously know nothing about and he is clearly moving to is counter productive.

Maybe the part where you think it is somehow helpful to share your views about a place that you have personally never been, and aren't even really sure about where it is.

You don't even go so far as to say the specifics of what you heard (or haven't heard, other than saying that you "haven't heard a lot of nice things"), who told you these things, or why they would have any basis of knowledge to tell you these things.

Why did you think it was productive or beneficial to say anything at all?

Your first mistake was assuming he was trying to be productive.

Just got a new job as the Rector (head priest) at St. Luke's in Salisbury, NC, starting in September.

1) Any Deacs live there? Restaurant/housing/day care/cell coverage recs?

2) If you're in the area, come check out St. Luke's in this fall!

Sorry I guess I'll be more productive:

Answer to question 1: No I don't live there
Answer to question 2: I would but it would be quite a trek!

Interesting restaurant downtown that has live music. Can't recall the name. Right on the main drag, I think.

Interesting restaurant downtown that has live music. Can't recall the name. Right on the main drag, I think.

Uncle bucks or the blue vine ?

If it's the blue vine, it's closed after one of the owners died.

Back