• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

They were pretty big in Europe after their first three albums. They all charted well over there from 2000-06, but WAP brought them to America and made them huge. Great album.

2009 was a pretty sweet year for music.

Merriwether Post Pavillion (still probably the best album of the 2000s)
Veckatimest
Hospice
Blood Bank EP
Post-Nothing
Actor
It's Blitz!
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2
The xx
Bitte Orca

2007 still the GOAT for Indie Rock:

For Emma, Forever Ago
Neon Bible
Boxer
Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Strawberry Jam
Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
In Rainbows
Sound of Silver
Person Pitch
Cryptograms
Graduation
The Reminder
The Flying Club Cup
Icky Thump
The Shepherd's Dog
And Their Refinement of the Decline

They were pretty big in Europe after their first three albums. They all charted well over there from 2000-06, but WAP brought them to America and made them huge. Great album.

You're right; thanks for clarifying. Seems like their Bonnaroo performance helped pour gasoline on the fire, so to speak.

Anyone have recs for a can't miss music venue? With the warm weather, I am itching to see to go to a cool venue to see live music. Hit Red Rocks last year. Thinking The Gorge (seems difficult to get to even from Washington) and the Greek Theater. Any other suggestions? Also open for cool indoor venues as well. The Ryman probably is at the top of my list right now.

All good choices. Haven’t been to any, but in the list. Red Rocks #1 choice. I also wanna see a show at Bluegrass Underground in caverns like 300 feet underground in TN.

Anyone have recs for a can't miss music venue? With the warm weather, I am itching to see to go to a cool venue to see live music. Hit Red Rocks last year. Thinking The Gorge (seems difficult to get to even from Washington) and the Greek Theater. Any other suggestions? Also open for cool indoor venues as well. The Ryman probably is at the top of my list right now.

The Hollywood Bowl is cool...lots of history with that venue.

The Hollywood Bowl is cool...lots of history with that venue.

If one is visiting LA and can't go to a show at The Hollywood Bowl, you can get a great view of it from a lookout on Mulholland just off Highland.

A fun fact is that the historic Beatles show at the Hollywood Bowl was paid for by Newlywed Game host Bob Eubanks when no one else would come up with the money.

Pappy and Harriet’s is a really special venue if you’re already going to be in SoCal. It’s a trek, but worth it, imo.

Bonnie from over 47 years ago...I'm guessing virtually no one here has heard this one...it's from a live radio concert from legendary Sigma Sound Studios.

While you are in Tennessee double up https://thecaverns.com/

Bonnie from over 47 years ago...I'm guessing virtually no one here has heard this one...it's from a live radio concert from legendary Sigma Sound Studios.

RJ this Bonnie set is great. Gonna throw on Takin’ My Time now, which is basically just her, Little Feat, shit hot session dudes, and like Jim Keltner, Van Dyke Parks, and Taj Mahal.

Country Music is getting good again. Stapleton and Sturgill started the renaissance, but Cody Jinks, Tyler Childers and Colter Wall are the start of the second wave. If you're sick and tired of pop country crap, then this is the stuff that makes you realize there is still hope for this generation.

I think I saw Tyler Childers on John Prine's Austin City Limits? Maybe? I recognize the name.

RJ this Bonnie set is great. Gonna throw on Takin’ My Time now, which is basically just her, Little Feat, shit hot session dudes, and like Jim Keltner, Van Dyke Parks, and Taj Mahal.

This was one of the first public performances of this great song.

In one of his books, Billy says this show turned his career around. The rest is online.

People justifiably identify Sigma with the Kenny Gamble, Leon Huff, Thom Bell and the late great Linda Creed and R&B. However, the WMMR rock shows also helped build the Sigma brand as did legendary albums by Elton John and David Bowie that were produced there.

Back