• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

RIP Mac Rebennack. His first few records are crazy. I put on Babylon last night and it still sounds wild.

HBD to Tom Jones.

And this is one of my most very favorite things on the internet. Tom with CSN&Y.

If you like Mountain Goats and haven't listened to the new album yet, In League With Dragons, you really should. I think it might be the best thing they've done since the mid-2000s run of Sunset Tree/Get Lonely.

Especially loving:

I think I like the demo for Going Invisible 2 even more, but they definitely get the vocals right on the full mix

I'm going to see Sebadoh this weekend. I am pretty psyched. I haven't seen them live since the Cat's Cradle in 2004.

I was listening to that cut and went to her website. What a tour she has been on!

Here are some of the stops:

DR Congo
Kabul (at a venue not for the military)
Tibet
Tonga
Fiji
Samoa
Marshall Islands
Papua New Guinea

It sure ain't about the money for her.

Golf and then seeing Vampire Weekend at Northerly Island in Chicago this weekend. Perfect Father's Day assuming the weather holds up. I've always been a fan, but I think their new album is the tits.

47471782.jpg

This new Bill Callahan is awesome. Just a constant hour long cool breath gracing your ear holes.

he's playing a weird theater in dc near my old apartment in july

he's great live, so i will probably go

i haven't spun the new one enough yet, it will be great weekend music, thanks for bumping chupe!

Yeah, I'm catching him at the Cradle in July. Saw him two years ago at Duke just as duo, something like this:

And the first half was really great, and then he played that song America, which was pretty jarring and atonal and weird how he did it, and it kind of brought me down -- rest of the set seemed clunky after that. And I like that song. But I saw him five/six years ago with full band, and it was great.

saw him at the church in philly

RIP that venue, it was awesome

BYO into a small church basement, really stuffy and mediocre sound

also saw rural alberta advantage there

also lonnie holley opened for bill callahan, that was great

I am kind of liking this new Springsteen, too, which I would not have necessarily expected.

Back