• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

My mother-in-law texted me from the Philly show complaining about how slow everything was last weekend.

Doing JRAD in September here in DC. Would have done Dead and Co but it was at Jiffy Lube on a Wednesday.

Also, Mickey Hart seems useless these days. He's a drummer who doesn't drum. Just hits his brushes on things and plays the beam and other weird spacey shit. Like look at this tribute to the Meters, he just plays a fucking box with brushes for most of the show.

I’ve been on a huge Dead kick the last couple of months, but Dead and Co were only going to Charlotte. I’d be actually super tempted — I’m not really feeling John-boy’s vocals on the Jerry songs all that much, but digging his picking.

Fully support this mission though leftcoast. I also missed Phish in Charlotte last week. I’d have considered Raleigh shows for both. I’ve also never seen Widespread but they are a distant third for me among that trio.

I've never seen any of these bands, but I've started casually listening to all three over the few years. I'm interested in the experience - all three bands seem to have a big following and the shows always seem like a big party. If nothing else, should make for some fun, interesting, hopefully slightly weird nights this summer.

Nice. Have fun. I've never seen any iteration of the Dead, but I logged double digit Phish shows in the 2000s.

Might need to look into JRAD. I know of Benevento/Russo, but I think I missed the one time they were opening for someone.

Seeing The National tonight, Zac Brown Band tomorrow. I only know one Zac Brown Band song, Chicken Fried, and I strongly dislike it, but party bus and tailgating.

Panic was awesome! The crowd was super into the music, the weather was great, the band sounded great...awesome experience. Perfect night at Red Rocks; 10/10 would recommend.

Panic was awesome! The crowd was super into the music, the weather was great, the band sounded great...awesome experience. Perfect night at Red Rocks; 10/10 would recommend.

We are going to Colorado in just over two weeks. Going to see Tenacious D and the Colorado Symphony at red rocks. Panic fans are intense.

The Lonesome Crowded West is such an evolving masterpiece

Fucking genius lyrics, fucking genius band

They never quite captured this genie in a bottle again

I’ve already mentioned this

I’ll say it again

Denzel Curry, ZUU

best hip hop album In forever

A minor masterpiece

I struggle with the whole John Meyer thing. Great player but I can’t stand him singing and generally being in the room

The Lonesome Crowded West is such an evolving masterpiece

Fucking genius lyrics, fucking genius band

They never quite captured this genie in a bottle again

Agree. They’ve had a few flashes of brilliance since then in songs here and there, but Lonesome is a master piece. Every note and word is perfect. Their earlier stuff, ie, this is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about, is a good album too, if you haven’t checked it out.

Seeing The National tonight, Zac Brown Band tomorrow. I only know one Zac Brown Band song, Chicken Fried, and I strongly dislike it, but party bus and tailgating.

Got Boxer on now.

Sorry you had to sit through Zac Brown. I have a couple of old friends from hs that like that shit. Unlistenable

Solid weekend lineup:
Tonight - Dead & Co at Folsom
Sunday - Avett Bros at Red Rocks

Thought Dead & Co was great last night; don’t know if I buy the criticism that they are slow.

I’ve seen John Mayer before and listened to all his albums, but I really think he’s at his best right now with Dead & Co - he’s just so fucking good and he can play these songs so well.

Back