• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Went with my 11th grade daughter to see Beck and Cage The Elephant last night. Really enjoyed the show.

Speaking of kids, my daughter introduced me to this jam. It’s been on a pretty heavy rotation in my playlist recently.

this is prob my all-time fav version though

theyve been playing it on jam on occasionally the past few yrs

Last edited:
Went with my 11th grade daughter to see Beck and Cage The Elephant last night. Really enjoyed the show.

Went to this last night. Great show. Spoon was also excellent. Rare to catch 3 really good acts in one night not at a festival.

fuck, woke up to the news that Neal Casal passed away. such a fantastic guitarist. the Circles Around the Sun show I saw earlier this year was incredible.

At seeing Blinded By The Light, I thought about how if Bruce had come along in the past few years that no one would know about him. John Hammond got Columbia to sign a local bar band who didn't write hits at that point. That wouldn't happen today. Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ didn't sell. It's likely they wouldn't have gotten a second chance today. The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle had a cup of coffee in the bottom part of the Top 100.

If a record company would have kept them on, there is no way they would have given an artist over eighteen months and constant cost overruns to deliver Born to Run. I can remember Bruce "releasing" different incarnations of the title song for about a year before the album was released. It was played on the radio and in concerts. But no record company today would give a regional artist (which was who he was until the recording and releasing of this record) so much money and so much latitude.

Yeah, that's a bummer. Only knew him from Skiffle Players and some Beachwood Sparks recently, but know some of you guys dug some more of him. I've been reading a bunch about him this morning. Sad stuff.

The Story of Bluegrass doc that aired on PBS Friday (at least here) was very well done. I didn't know this record before, but if you have even a passing interest, check out the doc -- which is streaming for free -- and this jam.

Did 2 nights of Phish this weekend (Fri/Sat) to complete my summer jam-band trifecta (Panic, Dead & Co, Phish). Had a good time - Phish seemed to be the biggest party. Panic or Dead & Co was probably my favorite music. All three were a good time.

Back