• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Anyone have recs on speakers to connect to a record player with a built-in amp? I have an audio-technica player which has a usb connection. I'm operating on a base knowledge of what would be a good set up for it.

Lou Bond made me think of the Isley Brothers "Voyage to Atlantis," I couldn't get it out of my head for days.

Also been listening to this and a lot of late 60s/early 70s British neo-folk revival (Pentangle, Steeleye Span, Bert Jansch, etc.). It makes for an interesting mix. Great guitar work in that era by Jansch, Renbourn, Richard Thompson, Michael Chapman, John Martyn. Basically what I think Tim Smith was listening to a lot before completely changing the course of Midlake's The Courage of Others. I never hooked into it at the time, but I bet it has aged well. Can't wait for Tim Smith's Harp project which will probably never be released apart from these weird snippets.

How about this:

It was amazing how quickly the black rockers came and went. With Jimi, Isley Brothers, Chambers Brothers, Sly, Curtis Mayfield and others, for a while it seemed like they would grow and be a part of rock royalty forever. Somehow, they all went away and weren't replaced.

I've often wondered if bean counters, massive corporations and marketing people replacing free form and DJs picking their own music at radio stations killed the black rocker. They had to know who they were targeting. It was almost a re-segregation in the late 70s and beyond.

BTW, I had forgotten that Dave Mason played background 12-string on the the greatest rock cover of all time - Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower.

Oh my god, I LOVE Gentle Giant. The proggiest of the prog.

As my buddy says, back before irony and self-consciousness ruined everything.

Last edited:
The boys were back in the Garden for their 14th time this year. A few cobwebs but a great start. Theme, Hood, and Slave are three of my favorites and they all were used as closers.

DSs-LuuVMAA0KZ-.jpg:large

Discdude I can't see any of the stuff you have posted recently. Weird. I am curious. But only if it is good shit.

This is what he meant to post.

Note to folks, there is no youtube tag. It's "video" and you have to include the entire URL, that way Vimeo, maybe others, can be shown as well.

Note to folks, there is no youtube tag. It's "video" and you have to include the entire URL, that way Vimeo, maybe others, can be shown as well.

Thank you, for the fix. On the damn Tap app it works with the youtube tag. I will adjust moving forward.

This is what he meant to post.

Thanks. I do like Tool and Danny Carey, and a buddy of mine and I started a religion in middle school following Les Claypool and Dave Mustaine, called "Claypoolian-Mustainiaism" so I will look into these things.

Going to see a program next weekend of all of Ives' violin sonatas, along with the hymns and songs that influenced them. Should be cool.

Back