• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I was wondering about this one. Alamo Drafthouse is pimping that one via e-mail, and as far as horror movies goes it looks decent.

Yeah, the bold is the key part. I enjoyed it and definitely think it's worth checking out if you're a horror fan, but for me it's right on the line between being worth seeing in theaters and waiting for Redbox or Netflix.

It Follows was great. Kind of a mix from two of my favorite indies from last year, The Guest and The Babadook.

Just watched Foxcatcher. Man, Carell does a fantastic job.

It Follows was great. Kind of a mix from two of my favorite indies from last year, The Guest and The Babadook.

Definitely "The Guest" from the soundtrack (and the star) but the only thing it had in common with the Babadook was indie horror that doesn't rely on jump scares. I think It Follows blew Babadook out of the water. I saw it 48 hours ago and have been thinking about it since. People walking slowly towards me now make me nervously chuckle.

Who would've thought someone could top the "Let the Right One In" pool scene? So good....

Definitely "The Guest" from the soundtrack (and the star) but the only thing it had in common with the Babadook was indie horror that doesn't rely on jump scares. I think It Follows blew Babadook out of the water. I saw it 48 hours ago and have been thinking about it since. People walking slowly towards me now make me nervously chuckle.

Who would've thought someone could top the "Let the Right One In" pool scene? So good....

The Guest was very similar in the direction, very John Carpenter influenced and yeah that score. And while it was directed way differently than The Babadook and a much different flick overall I thought there were thematic similarities in the construction of the horror "villain".

Saw Furious 7 last night. Writing was absolutely awful, but it was fun if you could get past every action movie cliche ever. Just absolute non-stop action. The tribute to Paul Walker was pretty cool.

Finally saw The Lego Movie and it got me in the feels.

Saw Furious 7 last night. Writing was absolutely awful, but it was fun if you could get past every action movie cliche ever. Just absolute non-stop action. The tribute to Paul Walker was pretty cool.

Saw it last night but will need to see it again. A bunch of riff raff and a screaming baby in my theater ruined the experience for me.

Saw Fast 7 and didn't remember much, just enjoyed spending time in the company of my fellow man

Saw it last night but will need to see it again. A bunch of riff raff and a screaming baby in my theater ruined the experience for me.

Not that it would make me think twice, but does it make you an asshole to tell a lady with a screaming baby in the theater to take the baby outside or make it shut up? Seems like that would be a touchy subject to broach with mother of the year bringing her infant to Fast 7. The probability of a hostile, profanity laden response has to be over 75%.

Saw "Playing it Cool" last night. Funish romcom. I didn't hate it.

Finally got around to seeing The Imitation Game... what a great movie.

People bring babies to fast 7?

56027034.jpg

Not that it would make me think twice, but does it make you an asshole to tell a lady with a screaming baby in the theater to take the baby outside or make it shut up? Seems like that would be a touchy subject to broach with mother of the year bringing her infant to Fast 7. The probability of a hostile, profanity laden response has to be over 75%.

i felt super old when i told some fucking teenagers to shut up b/c they were ruining a movie but it was supremely satisfying. sucks for new parents to adjust to a new lifestyle but stay home and rent a movie or something

Finally saw Interstellar last night. Really liked it. Great visuals.

Really kinda bugs me though that for such an important and incredible mission, they couldn't do a little psych work up on the people they were sending to see if they'd just completely ignore the mission and ruin everything (a la Matt Damon's character).

Also that they didn't take into account the gravity/time dilation for the one planet until they were there?

And how do you encode hugely complex formulas and equations into the second hand of a watch?

Other than that, great movie. Great visuals, a little long, but enjoyable.

Finally saw Interstellar last night. Really liked it. Great visuals.

Really kinda bugs me though that for such an important and incredible mission, they couldn't do a little psych work up on the people they were sending to see if they'd just completely ignore the mission and ruin everything (a la Matt Damon's character).

Also that they didn't take into account the gravity/time dilation for the one planet until they were there?

And how do you encode hugely complex formulas and equations into the second hand of a watch?

Other than that, great movie. Great visuals, a little long, but enjoyable.

I would guess that Mann was just assumed to be the right man (pun!) for the job considering the way he was described by his peers. You can envision two plausible scenarios: 1) he passed whatever tests he was given, and then was driven to his desperation after finally arriving at his planet and experiencing the true isolation, or 2) since he was the one recruiting/convincing everyone, perhaps he skipped any evaluations.

I think part of the time dilation mystery was just that: a mystery. I.E. they weren't able to discern any true conclusions until arriving on the other side of the wormhole.

As for the watch, they clearly show Chastain recording Morse during the concluding montage. But yeah, there's a leap you have to take to go with it.

Back