• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw The Imitation Game over the weekend. Cumberbatch is absolutely phenomenal, but holy shit, what a depressing conclusion to a fantastic story. So much for the good ol' days.

Watched Unbroken last night. It will probably be awhile before I complain about something.

I am afraid to see this out of fear that it's going to be a Dear Zachary-type doc where I already know the ending.
Dear Zachary is soul crushing, i've shown it to 3 other people just to see how hard they cry.

I caught about 20 minutes of it. Didn't catch my interest.

I can see that. I had to watch it over the course of 3 nights. It has a few animated sections that are over-the-top.

I am afraid to see this out of fear that it's going to be a Dear Zachary-type doc where I already know the ending.

Nothing like that. No footage or news reports of his death or the suicide note. It pretty much ends with his first suicide attempt in Rome a month before his death.

It is worth watching if you're a Cobain fan. As far as rock docs go, I thought it was average at best. I do think, however, that one gets a pretty good idea of just how tormented a soul he was.

Watched the last 2/3 the other night and it's very sad how troubled he was. They also made it out to be like he was surrounded by enabkers. the last few scenes were strung out kurt with his baby and Courtney love who has had her troubles of course just letting him play with the infant. Truly sad.

I can see that. I had to watch it over the course of 3 nights. It has a few animated sections that are over-the-top.

Nothing like that. No footage or news reports of his death or the suicide note. It pretty much ends with his first suicide attempt in Rome a month before his death.

It is worth watching if you're a Cobain fan. As far as rock docs go, I thought it was average at best. I do think, however, that one gets a pretty good idea of just how tormented a soul he was.
Whelp, now he knows the ending for certain.

Watched the last 2/3 the other night and it's very sad how troubled he was. They also made it out to be like he was surrounded by enabkers. the last few scenes were strung out kurt with his baby and Courtney love who has had her troubles of course just letting him play with the infant. Truly sad.

I watched some more of it this weekend. Caught the last hour or so, which was part of what I already saw previously. There was shit on this weekend.

That one dude is a fucking moron. One of the most batshit crazy movies I have ever seen and I mean that in the best way possible. Fury Road is a goddamn masterpiece

He already has one other masterpiece: Babe: Pig in the City

Back