• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw mad max today as well. A really good action movie. Nearly non stop. As much charlise theron vehicle as Tom hardy. Maybe more so.

I loved Mad Max so fucking much. The people I went with didn't like it, but they spent most of the time afterwards talking about how Furious 7 was better, so fuck them.

I loved Interstellar. Now I want to revisit 2001 and watch some other Nolan stuff.

Watched Still Alice and FF6 tonight, both were good in completely different ways. Pitch Perfect 2 last weekend was much better than I expected - a lot of hilarious cameos. Seeing Mad Max tomorrow.

I watched John Wick and Fury. I had heard good things about Wick and wanted to like it, but it really was never more than OK. Some good fight and gunfight scenes early on that were basically repeated for 2 hours. Not boring, but not the least bit interesting.

Fury was better. The characters were a bit too caricatured at times, and everything was pretty predictable, but Pitt was at his best and it was still pretty tense. It might have actually matched Wick's body count too.

Saw Mad Max today and it was magnificent, completely worthy of all the hype. Just finished American Sniper and have a couple of thoughts:

1. Not as heavy handed as the critics made it out to be.

2. Eastwood really puts everything on the nose. Zero subtlety in any of his shots. You know exactly how he wants you to feel in every moment and it's a mixture of boring and exhausting.

3. This was a pure hero vehicle - there are no scenes or moments showing any of Chris Kyle's character flaws besides symptoms of PTSD and a savior complex. That one-sidedness would not be a problem if the film didn't present Kyle the civilian as such a gentleman.

Last edited:
3. This was a pure hero vehicle - there are no scenes or moments showing any of Chris Kyle's character flaws besides symptoms of PTSD and a savior complex. That one-sidedness would not be a problem if the film didn't present Kyle the civilian as such a gentleman.

They needed to spend more time on the period when he first came home and became a raging drunk before he started his own business and dedicated himself to helping other vets.

Back