• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congratulations to Deacs beating Longwood!

Seriously, we have a couple of classes of top 100 recruits in and a senior Hamby. I know we have had some injury problems, but this is one of our worst teams ever.

Wake could have an elite WBB program with only the slightest bit of effort and money.

How? I don't follow WBB at all. And I don't know what it takes to field a winning program. All I know is that Wake has never been even competitive for more than a season or two. It seems like a huge jump to make to become elite.

We didn't even get our usual participation medal against Carolina this past game.

Pay for a good coach instead of going discount bin shopping at a low major. That's pretty much it. Only a handful of schools put money into women's hoops.

I am certainly no expert, but I am not pulling quite all of this out of my ass: Prior to hiring Gary Blair in 2003, Texas A&M had been to the tournament twice. They hired a proven winner by whipping out the checkbook and now have a borderline elite program with 9 straight appearances, include two elite 8s, two sweet 16s, and a national championship. Now, they paid him $350k / year in 2003, which probably qualifies as a bit more than the slightest bit of effort, but it can be done far easier than almost any other sport. I would rather see us drop baseball and try to be elite in WBB than be bad at both.

Back