• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congratulations to Deacs beating Longwood!

Ended up losing 70-63, but great effort. Went on a 10-run in 1st half.

Lady Deacs lose @ dook 63-70. Hamby 11-9-3. Pretty even scoring, three players with 11, two with 8...nine players in the scoring column.

Not a bad game, but moral victories suck. A win at #10 dook would have meant so much for this team.

Wake hasn't beaten Duke in women's basketball since 1993. This was the 41st consecutive loss to them.

Down 7 late. Jill Brunori isn't playing. Sounds like she got hurt.

We lost a close game to Duke and then lost by 2 at the buzzer at Virginia. Looking like our 3rd straight close loss to one of the best teams in the ACC.

Another frustrating year of Wake women's hoops. It looks like we are coming closer to turning the corner, but something bad seems to happen everytime we get close.

Jill hasn't played for a while. I heard a rumor or she might redshirt. Wake was up 12 with about 10 minutes left, was dominating, and then seemed to just run out of gas.

Last edited:
Jill hasn't played for a while. I heard a room or she might redshirt. Wake was up 12 with about 10 minutes left, was dominating, and then seemed to just run out of gas.

LOL. This has happened again and again over the last 20 years. I've lost count of the number of last-second or at least single-digit losses in key games dating back to the 90s when I first started following the team.

ChrisL is correct - the program is cursed. Maybe this year's close losses are actually a prelude to some long-overdue success but I won't believe it until I see it.

I am told that the daughters of Delaney Rudd (a junior PG) and Rodney Rogers (senior PF) both wanted to come to Wake. Jen Hoover dragged her feet and NC State came through with offers. Both committed to State and both dads were pissed. An offer to Rudd came later but was too late. If true that is unacceptable.

Hoover is recruiting a much more heralded recruit than we have traditionally had. At some point we have to start winning.

I am told that the daughters of Delaney Rudd (a junior PG) and Rodney Rogers (senior PF) both wanted to come to Wake. Jen Hoover dragged her feet and NC State came through with offers. Both committed to State and both dads were pissed. An offer to Rudd came later but was too late. If true that is unacceptable.

Assuming they are legit players and really wanted to come here, I sincerely hope this is not true. I realize stuff happens and misses like this are not unique to Wake, but this is the kind of small-time crap that the Wake AD has seemed to specialize in now for some time.

I find it hard to believe an alum wouldn't recruit the children of alums if they were on par with other high level players she is recruiting.

Lucky Rudd wanted to go to State for a major Wake doesn't offer (or so I was told)

Roddreka Rogers wasn't recruited by Hoover. She's a junior and Hoover wasn't coaching at WFU. Not sure what happened there, but I heard Rydeiah Rogers not choosing Wake had something to do with her sister.

So State will have Rudd & Rogers kid. Yikes.

Lady Deacs playing Notre Dame on Fox SS right now. Holding there own for the time being...Notre Dame is damn good.

Last time I checked, the ACC had 6 teams in the top 25. Toughest conference in the nation.

Would love to see Wake breakthrough the upper-middle tier of the conference. Hoover is a good coach and there's a lot of local/regional talent to pull from, but like other Wake programs, WBB has too many forces working against it to maintain any success.

Wake lost 83-45 tonight to UNC. Now 1-13 in ACC play. I don't follow at all. Were they expected to be this bad this year?

Wake lost 83-45 tonight to UNC. Now 1-13 in ACC play. I don't follow at all. Were they expected to be this bad this year?

No, WF returned ACC POY candidate Dearica Hamby and Coach Hoover had supposedly upgraded the talent around Hamby. After some tough close losses, the team has fallen apart and are no longer competitive, disappointing.

Much like our baseball program, from an administrative perspective, is there even the slightest interest toward improving the women's basketball program?

It feels as though this administration only has a half-hearted interest for football and men's basketball only because it knows there would be a small riot amongst many alums.

Much like our baseball program, from an administrative perspective, is there even the slightest interest toward improving the women's basketball program?

It feels as though this administration only has a half-hearted interest for football and men's basketball only because it knows there would be a small riot amongst many alums.

Wake could have an elite WBB program with only the slightest bit of effort and money.

Back