• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Old Gold & Black Boards Fundraiser - Custom Title Instructions Post #102

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen of ogboards.com,

As you know, in January 2012, and February of 2013, we launched our previous fundraising campaigns. The support was overwhelming as the posters of this site generously donated enough in the most recent campaign to keep us afloat for 2 years. Our current operational costs are $1640 per year, made in 4 quarterly payments. As of this morning's payment for the upcoming quarter, our coffers are bone dry.

Here’s where we need your help. We obviously know that not every poster will donate, but we hope many of you will contribute. Like PBS we are member supported from Posters Like You. There is no obligation to give and the amount any individual poster gives or doesn’t give will not be public information at any time. This is a strictly voluntary contribution to help defray our hosting costs. We have purposely chosen to refrain from putting advertisements on the site, and we’d prefer to keep this a place built by and supported by WFU fans. If you enjoy the features of the message board and product we are offering, we ask that you help us keep it going. This is not ogboards going public. You will not obtain an ownership stake in the boards for giving, nor will you gain any special benefits or decision-making power aside from being able to select a custom title. We will not treat posters differently or grant them increased leniency in our moderating decisions on account of a contribution.

OGBoards currently has roughly 5,000 members, and just under 2,000 of those are active posters. During our previous campaign, a total of 83 posters contributed something from as little as $5 up to $250.

We have a PayPal account at ogbpitboss(at)gmail.com (directs to my RiversideBBQ catering account), which you can access to contribute. You are also welcome to mail a physical check if you do no use paypal, PM me for the address. If you do choose to give, we recommend a contribution somewhere between $20-$50. You can give more, you can give less, or you can give not at all. Follow your hearts. You will not receive any special benefit apart from a custom title by contributing. If you do try to extort any special treatment, or pull the "I'm an owner of this board now" card, we reserve the right to out your weaselly ways to the entire community.

When you submit the payment, please include your username so we know who to attribute the Thank You. As an added incentive, if you are an alum, please indicate your year along with your username for a friendly year/decade competition.

If you have any problems working with paypal, please let me know via PM. We deeply appreciate any money you choose to give.

Go Deacs!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Reminder to send a note with the paypal amount with your username and graduation year if you want credit and it to count towards the class competition.

The 2000s are out to an early lead in the decade competition. Those who are new donors, I will post information in this thread a little later on describing how to change your custom title. Once I compile the list, one of the admins has to grant everyone access, so it may take a day or two.

your link on the tunnels forum to this page doesn't work.

Sadly, that account gets next to no traffic since I only use it to process credit card payments (paypal here is a great app btw). Perfect for this use because its easy to keep the $$ separate, but sad because my BBQ business isn't setting new records.

Just over 2 hours in, and we're already up to $475.73 donated from 16 different posters, including 250 Mexican Pesos. I've had two people who forgot to include a username, and two separate posters who didnt include a graduation year. Its possible they are non-alum fans (we need more of you), but I want to remind them again just in case.

Back