• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I feel like this team needs a Blucas/Larue type. You know, a gritty kid like mike Lepore or Austin Arains. High IQ lunch pale kind of kid like Mark Cline. Hell, I'd like a scrappy gym rat like AW Hamilton or Joe Amonette.

FFS I'd even put up with a a kid with a big heart like Alan Williams or Richard Joyce.

You know, that kind of kid.

Michael Drum.

Man, Joe Amonette, forget about that kid - he could drop the trey. He could drop Loren Woods too.

Not to really veer off track but I wonder if a lineup of Rusty, Blucas, Drum, Cline, Visser could beat our starters this year? I'm only going back to the 80s. Not pulling Hemric and Chapell out from the archives.

Not to really veer off track but I wonder if a lineup of Rusty, Blucas, Drum, Cline, Visser could beat our starters this year? I'm only going back to the 80s. Not pulling Hemric and Chapell out from the archives.

i love that Visser is being included in this walk on team

It'd be close, but some of those guys are pretty old.

Jeff [Redacted] - 51-76 (17-51)
Danny Manning - 51-63 (17-44)

i love that Visser is being included in this walk on team

Cline would be the best player on this years team. Senior year Visser would eat up 25 of the MPG at Center. Blucas and Rusty in their primes would hang with Craw/Chill/Woods.

The all white team needs another reliable wing. I don't know if I'm comfortable putting Lepore or Drum out there.

Jeff [Redacted] - 51-76 (17-51)
Danny Manning - 51-63 (17-44)

we are no better than a 37% chance to win in our next 7 games meaning 17-51 is a real possibility

I don't know the specifics because I can't retroactively go back to KenPom's old predictions, but our record over the last year+ as a 37% underdog has to be less than predicted

You remember when you were a kid and you couldn’t figure something out so you just started doing random shit in hopes that all of a sudden your attempts would start working? That’s DM coaching our once proud flagship sport...

I’m done. #Manningout

To be fair, that's how I got really good at Mortal Kombat.

we are no better than a 37% chance to win in our next 7 games meaning 17-51 is a real possibility

I don't know the specifics because I can't retroactively go back to KenPom's old predictions, but our record over the last year+ as a 37% underdog has to be less than predicted

Good thing he got that multi year extension before someone snapped him up. Wake has a rec league coach. And not a particularly good one at that.

Good thing he got that multi year extension before someone snapped him up. Wake has a rec league coach. And not a particularly good one at that.

Still amazing to me how bad our guards are compared to how well Doral is coming along in his progress. Dribble all the time and never look up to pass and then choke in late game situations is the story of our guard play going back to Cody Miller McIntyre.

Back