• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miles Overton to Transfer from Wake Forest

Where are all the 32 minute projection guys on Miles' 5.1 ppg in 12.7 mpg? 39% on threes.....

I'm guessing it's LaSalle, St. Joe's or Penn.

He's shooting 27.8% from 3 and 32.1% overall.

do any of you honestly care about this season at all? i'd take all the transfers of shitty bzz players possible.

I'd like for the team not to suck so much as to give Manning and staff a bad stigma going into recruiting and next season. People understand our talent isn't very good now, but we don't need the general sentiment in the media to be that Manning did worse than Bz would have. We need to show some promise.

He's shooting 27.8% from 3 and 32.1% overall.

Looks like Dan was wrong:

"Overton was averaging 5.1 points in just 12.7 minutes a game this season, which is pretty impressive production. That said, he was shooting 32 percent from the floor and 39 percent from 3-point range."

Seemed like a really nice kid who could do well somewhere else. Never going to be a fit here. Good luck, Miles.

Where are all the 32 minute projection guys on Miles' 5.1 ppg in 12.7 mpg? 39% on threes.....

I'm guessing it's LaSalle, St. Joe's or Penn.

the-stick-your-neck-out-award.jpg

Oh snap! No he didn't!

Transfers (give or take) since 2003 recruiting class: 18!!

Hendley, Ingram, Dukes, Swinton (counting drop outs too), Gurley, Skeen, Woods, Stewart, Tucker, Chennault, Desrosiers, Tabb, Terrell, Fields, Fischer, Cavanaugh, Moto and now Overton.

Wow. That has got to be higher than avg transfer rate eh? Obviously, Wake's might be a little higher due to academic challenges and kids looking for a better fit, but 18 in 10 years seems awfully high.

Good luck to you Miles! Appreciate the passion and energy you played with while you were here!

The same # of transfers from 1992-2002 (probably the best 10 year stretch in our history)

Robert Doggett, Steve Rich, Stacey Castle, Cordell Llewellen, Rodney West, Aron McMillian, Bobby Fitzgibbons, Antonio Jackson (RIP), William Stringfellow, James Griffin, Niki Arinze, Tate Decker, Loren Woods, Marc Schoone, Armond Wilson, AW Hamilton, Dshmal Schoetz and technically Mahktar Ndjaye.

Last edited:
Miles, we hardly knew 'ya. Best of luck. Seems like a great kid and I hope he finds a lot of success.

I used to pride myself on getting to know our players well (at least on paper), but for the last few years I can barely match names with faces before they've come and gone. It'll be years and years before the fallout from the [Redacted] disaster is finally over.

The same # of transfers from 1992-2002 (probably the best 10 year stretch in our history)

Robert Doggett, Steve Rich, Stacey Castle, Cordell Llewellen, Rodney West, Aron McMillian, Bobby Fitzgibbons, Antonio Jackson (RIP), William Stringfellow, James Griffin, Niki Arinze, Tate Decker, Loren Woods, Marc Schoone, Armond Wilson, AW Hamilton, Dshmal Schoetz and technically Mahktar Ndjaye.

Dismal Shitz was still playing at wake in the 02-03 season

Also forgot Konnor Tucker.

I wouldn't be surprised if Overton's increased minutes the past few games were part of an opportunity for him to show off for other schools. Either that or Coach Manning gave him a lot of run and then showed him on film why he couldn't play the style he wanted for Overton.
Those are helpful theories. Because otherwise my gut instinct was, if you're going to bench him in the spring, bench him in the fall.

Best wishes, Miles. He's good at pumping up a team in the huddle and hopefully he'll find a place to do it where his on-court contributions are more substantial.

Wow, what a list of names. I count 6 guys who had absolutely no business getting a scholarship to an ACC school.

Holy, there are some names on there I hadn't thought about in a looonnng time.

Great memory although Tate Decker transferred in, not out.

Flaccid, only 6? I can't speak to the ones before I enrolled, but I'd put West, McMillian, Wilson, Hamilton, and Schoetz on the list post 94.

Jackson and Stringfellow were actually solid players and would have added depth. Griffin had athleticism but no shot at all. Kind of a Bz recruit type if you think about it.

Last edited:
Great memory although Tate Decker transferred in, not out.

Flaccid, only 6? I can't speak to the ones before I enrolled, but I'd put West, McMillian, Wilson, Hamilton, and Schoetz on the list post 94.

Jackson and Stringfellow were actually solid players and would have added depth. Griffin had athleticism but no shot at all. Kind of a Bz recruit type if you think about it.

Didn't Decker transfer out after a few years though? I believe he transfer to Oklahoma City College or some small midwest school.

Steve Rich was good too, but if I recall very homesick for Fla.

Didn't Decker transfer out after a few years though? I believe he transfer to Oklahoma City College or some small midwest school.

He transferred in from Mizzou I think. McMillan was so bad. Kevin Swinton even thinks he has stone hands.

Good luck to him, he does love to shoot

At least he CAN shoot. Brick city now for sure . Zones and fouls or blocks when 2 of our brick masons drive. More PT for Wilbekin I hope.

Transferred to Oklahoma City University so he def. counts as a transfer out. I remember when Oklahoma City was a solid D1 program coached by Abe Lemons. Guess they're NAIA now.

Last edited:
Gonna miss Ovaltine. Not really. His defense was awful. Best for both.

Back