• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miles Overton to Transfer from Wake Forest

wake20

Reaction score
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/120914aab.html

Dec. 9, 2014

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Wake Forest head coach Danny Manning announced on Tuesday that sophomore guard Miles Overton has been granted his release to transfer from Wake Forest following the fall semester.

"Miles came to me today and requested his release," said Manning. "We have granted him the release and wish him well at the next stop in his basketball career."

Overton played in 36 games over the past two seasons for Wake Forest, averaging 3.4 points per game.

"It was a tough decision to leave behind a brotherhood that I had built with my teammates the past two years and to leave a fan base that has supported me and watched me grow," said Overton. "But after talking with my family, I believe it's best for me to leave Wake Forest and continue my career closer to home. I wish my teammates, coaches and the basketball program the best."

Bam

Best of luck to him. Wish him nothing but the best.

Best of luck to Miles.

Now that leaves us with enough room for our already signed 2015 class.

Best of luck to him. We have to upgrade our talent ASAP.

Best of luck to him. Just too slow to merit significant p-t at this level as we get better.

Good idea to do it now. Will be able to play as early as next year, beginning in the spring semester.

Good luck Miles. It seemed like was improving.

Going to LaSalle like his dad?

Does that make him eligible for another team by the 2nd semester of next year? Seems like weird timing otherwise

Good luck to Miles. Danny is slowly but surely getting his boys in.

Does that make him eligible for another team by the 2nd semester of next year? Seems like weird timing otherwise
Yes. There's actually a former Dukie, Alex Murphy, who transferred from Duke to Florida just about this time last year, and his first game of eligibility is against us on December 20th.

weird timing considering he was just starting to play more. this should be a mutually beneficial move though.

Good luck to Miles- a win win situation for all parties.

Back