• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miles Overton to Transfer from Wake Forest

Well, in all honesty, he was an average ACC player that really looked like he would always be an average ACC player. I think he made a good decision. And I'm sure Manning did a happy dance in his office moments after Miles left. Good luck to Miles.

Wish the kid well. Our job is to use the freed-up scholarship WISELY.

Is he a sophomore when he transfers or a junior? In other words, does this count as a full year with his second semester next year also counting as a full season, or do the two combine so that he'll have 2 remaining after next season?

If we hadn't speculated about this, it would've never happened.

It's my fault for wondering if he was injured or in the doghouse . I accept responsibility. But I'll bet Doug O called DM after MO rode pine in the two blowout wins and Iona loss ( when we could have used him vs the packed defense) and MO got some PT the last two games. Or maybe DM already knew MO was gone 5 games ago? Well, don't let the door hit ya..

Last edited:
Is he a sophomore when he transfers or a junior? In other words, does this count as a full year with his second semester next year also counting as a full season, or do the two combine so that he'll have 2 remaining after next season?

He can play 2.5 at his next stop

Well, in all honesty, he was an average ACC player that really looked like he would always be an average ACC player. I think he made a good decision. And I'm sure Manning did a happy dance in his office moments after Miles left. Good luck to Miles.

With all do respect, I know average ACC players. I worked with average ACC players. And MO is not an average ACC player. I did like the form on his shot though . It was textbook.

I'm pumped because this force DM to play McClinton so we can see if he can develop.

Miles was really bad, seemed like a good kid though, hope he does well wherever he goes.

I'm pumped because this force DM to play McClinton so we can see if he can develop.

Miles was really bad, seemed like a good kid though, hope he does well wherever he goes.

Will be a good mid-major player

With all do respect, I know average ACC players. I worked with average ACC players. And MO is not an average ACC player. I did like the form on his shot though . It was textbook.

This roster has maybe 4 average ACC players. Three are potential average ACC players.

Right. So he sits spring of sophomore year and sits fall of junior year. Plays spring of junior year and all of senior year. That's 1.5 of playing.

You don't list eligibility for transferring. He'll get the second half of his Soph year next season and then 2 years after that.

You don't list eligibility for transferring. He'll get the second half of his Soph year next season and then 2 years after that.

Ah. I thought you lost the time you sit. Thanks.

Also holy cow "Statistics show that about 40 percent of men's basketball players do not attend their original school by the end of their sophomore year."

and then he'll play fall semester of a graduate year. i mean, that's totally worth it... right?

and then he'll play fall semester of a graduate year. i mean, that's totally worth it... right?

No, he'll play the spring semester of next year and the two full years after that.

Back