• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Why would someone play a game that is interpreted as white supremacist signaling? And why not make an actual circle?

Dunno... but you seem to have plenty of time on your hands.

So why don't you travel to West Point to interview the evil perpetrators in order to discover their true motives and report back on your findings?

A few stray thoughts:

1. Not everyone realizes that the OK symbol has been adopted by white nationalist fucks. My wife (who's reasonably well informed generally) had no idea. Definitely something that correlates strongly to amount of time spent on twitter.
2. Context matters. There was little context available for the army guys so an investigation is fine and I guess I'll take them at their word. I'm not convinced but whatever.
3. The circle game is super old and seemed to make a comeback a few years ago. I remember our very own Michael Campanaro throwing it up after scoring a TD a couple years back. Definitely a section of a Venn diagram of people that play the circle game and also don't know the sign has been adopted by White Nationalists.

The Texas suburbs are slipping away from the GOP. These women for Trump want to win them back.

At the Women for Trump event, the president’s surrogates nonetheless shrugged off the notion that their candidate is lacking for support in the suburbs. When Mosbacher asked how women have succeeded under Trump’s economy, Henry told a story about her Salvadoran housekeeper. The woman, who has a green card, Henry said, had complained during the Obama presidency that Henry was “not paying as much.”

Henry’s answer: Blame the Democrat and his “raising the taxes.”

But Trump’s 2018 tax breaks gave Henry noticeably more disposable income — and as a result, her housekeeper “saw a little raise in her paycheck,” Henry said. (Research shows the tax cuts have primarily benefited the wealthy.)

FFS

The Republican answer to everything is “give us more money.”

But Trump’s 2018 tax breaks gave Henry noticeably more disposable income — and as a result, her housekeeper “saw a little raise in her paycheck,” Henry said.

So this asshole points out her maid has a green card (reporters please confirm she paid taxes for the housekeeping services) says trump's tax cut gave her "noticeably more disposable income" and her housekeeper "saw a little raise..."

POS.

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

A few stray thoughts:

1. Not everyone realizes that the OK symbol has been adopted by white nationalist fucks. My wife (who's reasonably well informed generally) had no idea. Definitely something that correlates strongly to amount of time spent on twitter.
2. Context matters. There was little context available for the army guys so an investigation is fine and I guess I'll take them at their word. I'm not convinced but whatever.
3. The circle game is super old and seemed to make a comeback a few years ago. I remember our very own Michael Campanaro throwing it up after scoring a TD a couple years back. Definitely a section of a Venn diagram of people that play the circle game and also don't know the sign has been adopted by White Nationalists.

A reasonable analysis. Take it to the Pit.

The Tunnels denizens want to believe.

Junebug is happy with light reasonable doubt there white supremacists in the military. Must be nice knowing if they are white supremacists they’re on your side.

I will take them and the Army at their word, just like I will take the journalists who posted happy impeachmas that they were just happy the impeachment was over so they can get back to their lives at their word. Both parties should have thought about the connotations of what they did.

What say you Brad?

Last edited:
Is this irony?

Different us.

The Republican us is wealthy white guys.

The Democratic us government of the people, by the people, and for the people.

I can’t think of much dumber than expecting rich people to solve the world’s problems with their tax breaks.

Different us.

The Republican us is wealthy white guys.

The Democratic us government of the people, by the people, and for the people.

I can’t think of much dumber than expecting rich people to solve the world’s problems with their tax breaks.

It’s interesting that you equate “giving money” to allowing people to keep the money they earned.

Back