• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Deacon Dunks

That was great. I remember that the UNC game occurred before we came back from xmas break but it was still a packed house. We had a lead throughout the whole game and they pulled close in the final minutes but it was a beatdown of the eventual national champs.

Too bad it went downhill.
CP's soph year we also put a home beat down on the eventual UNC champs

And the fans who poured gasoline in the name of "culture."

Did anyone ever buy that, ever? I don't know a single Wake fan under the age of 50 who ever took that bait.

I think it was more of a case of In Ron We Trust. Either way, an epic fail worthy of the term.

Wake has a lot of fans over 50 with a lot of influence.

In Ron We Trust was always foolish.

Wake has a lot of fans over 50 with a lot of influence.

In Ron We Trust was always foolish.

Talking about great Wake Forest basketball feels like referring to a prematurely deceased relative.

Didn't see any mention of Kookaboogie's (SP?) backboard shattering at Duke. The Dookie fans bowed down in respect to him for that.

If I had one wish I swear to God I would use it on Rodney Rogers and restore use of his limbs. Watching the clips off the 360 dunk against the freaking holes just pisses me off. Rodney was a beast.

My UNC fan relatives (grandma, great uncle, uncle) always joke that they love it when we beat em because they usually win the title.

Lately I'm the only one joking

It wasn't just UNC, we beat State in 83. Multiple dook teams. Of course it was always interesting when they had 2-3 losses and Wake was on the list.

i think i read somewhere that every year that UNC has won the National Title they have lost to Wake @ Wake.

edit: looks like brews beat me to it.

But only because of the scoreboard call.

#OldBitterDeac

You were still nursing that shiner that George McFly put on you from the Under the Sea Dance to get a good look at the scoreboard. Don't be a Butthead.

Was posted early in the thread but the Antwan Scott dunk in Cameron was great because I was in the house with my dad, behind the backboard that he dunked on. We both saw it developing the whole way and were like "give it to Antwan!" and the throw down was awesome. I knew we were going to be bringing some venom from the crowd down on us for the rest of the afternoon because of our loud cheering for that dunk, but it was worth it.

Was posted early in the thread but the Antwan Scott dunk in Cameron was great because I was in the house with my dad, behind the backboard that he dunked on. We both saw it developing the whole way and were like "give it to Antwan!" and the throw down was awesome. I knew we were going to be bringing some venom from the crowd down on us for the rest of the afternoon because of our loud cheering for that dunk, but it was worth it.

A road game in Cameron is great. It really is a special place to watch a game, but it is impossible to go to a game there and leave respecting dook fans. The cheer sheets, the physical K-worship (no, seriously. Adults bow to him en masse. This happens.) and the awkward septuagenarian towel-waive. It is too much, but best hated in person.

Back