• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Deacon Dunks

No WF footage, but...

That was awesome. SIler was a goddam pogo stick

The beauty of the Teague nutsack dunk is that Neal was having the game of his life scoring like 20. But the Teague humiliation dunk is all anyone will remember about Neal that game.

Trent Strickland had some badass dunks

We had one lob play that worked most of time and Skip/CP were always very strategic in calling at the perfect time to low the roof off the Joel

Couldn't find the specific dunk on youtube that I was looking for, but I always enjoyed a nice Big E dunk... especially when it was off of a sweet pass from CP3.

Was looking for one where Williams came down the lane and threw down a hard one-hander... I think it was against Duke at the Joel. What he lacked in hops he more than made up for by ferociously attacking the rim.

Darius Songaila vs. NC State in 1999(?). Started his move in front of the scorer's table and drove down the lane. Was a shock to everyone who assumed he did not have much athleticism.

Ed Kargobookorie shattering a backboard in Cameron. Too bad it was during pre game warmups.

Ed Kargobookorie shattering a backboard in Cameron. Too bad it was during pre game warmups.

2904115279_683df45a4c_o_zpsd81b7c55.jpg

Last edited:
RR's 360 is the correct answer.

This.

It was good to see Siler's dunks, he could get up.

BTW, what happened to the 2 handed reverse dunks that Siler excelled at? I don't see that very often anymore. With Chris King and Siler these were commonplace. Is it Strickland's missed attempt that has killed this dunk?

the internet is a great thing when someone can post Robert Siler dunk videos from some foreign league from the 90's. Kudos all around.

Pre-injury Siler is like some Bunyanesque legend, both for football and basketball. I wish I could have seen him before his knee problems.

Saw the 360 in person. Awesome but uncontested, and if I could do either thing, I would choose this:

Some good ones that haven't been mentioned from Duncan, Howard, and others. Josh Howard's sick dunk at home vs. State is at 1:37.

Last edited:
JJ's best dunk was the one where he fell on his ass vs I think Duke

Back