• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

So, it seems like ST: Discovery season 2 might be a Borg origin story.

That would conflict with existing Borg lore, though there's always a way around that. I'm thinking it's an origin of the Reapers from Mass Effect.

That would conflict with existing Borg lore, though there's always a way around that. I'm thinking it's an origin of the Reapers from Mass Effect.

yeah; it's messy already but with all this time-travel abuse and the spore drive it could be that Control spore jumps into the D Quad or something or Disco dumps them there in the distant past.

the only thing is that that means we'd need a super-duper good reason why they're a mystery in the TNG era beyond 'super duper classified'. I hope it's not "we need to erase all knowledge of the Borg to protect us blah blah"

not sure how it can't be the Borg without some serious eye-rolling thanks to the nanites, the preference for appearing as a human and the "struggle is pointless" drops.

the art direction on that Klingon bird of prey/assault ship or whatever was pretty cool

Finished "The OA" Season 2. I thought it rounded out nicely. If you liked season 1, then you might as well watch season 2. Still leaves a lot of unanswered questions, but I guess that's to be expected given the subject matter. It's only 8 more episodes, so even if you're hate watching it, it's not too long.

So, to explain why she doesn't exist post DISCO in the prime timeline - will Michael Burnham end up getting erased from history by her mother to end/delay the Borg genesis?

can't get into the new (final) season of Catastrophe

Really? While not as good as previous seasons, I still liked it. I thought the last episode was a bit rushed but ultimately enjoyed how it ended. I'm seriously bummed that this series is over. I also <3 Sharon Horgan.

"The Dirt", the Motley Crue movie, is laughably bad. Almost in the so bad, it's good realm -- terrible 4th wall breaks, terrible acting, weird shit like "here's where the band meets its manager, just kidding, that's not how they met but we won't show you how they met" for no reason. Amateur hour all the way. But then gets really serious for a long time about Vince Neil's daughter's death, and it just doesn't work.

"The Dirt", the Motley Crue movie, is laughably bad. Almost in the so bad, it's good realm -- terrible 4th wall breaks, terrible acting, weird shit like "here's where the band meets its manager, just kidding, that's not how they met but we won't show you how they met" for no reason. Amateur hour all the way. But then gets really serious for a long time about Vince Neil's daughter's death, and it just doesn't work.

So the book's better?

can't get into the new (final) season of Catastrophe

2lxcap4.jpg.gif

I'm going to put this here because it seems like the most active TV thread... I enjoyed the series finale of You're The Worst.

Say Hey and I briefly talked about the You're the Worst finale on the Chat thread yesterday. Feel free to join that discussion.

I just watched the last two eps of You're the Worst and fuuuuuck that was good.

Losing You’re the Worst and Broad City this week kinda sucks. Broad City had fallen off though.

Enjoyed both All American and Black Summer. The Silence is a quiet place knock off still decent.

Back