• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Dead to me the show with Christina Applegate and the actress who played the sister from bloodline is really good.

yeah we immensely enjoyed it, particularly on a recent rewatch. I think when it was first on we watched the first few eps and were disappointed it wasn't as good as OJ. then we binged the remainder of the season on our DVR one afternoon and loved it. and binged on Netflix in like one afternoon a few months ago. I hope more of these actually do end up getting made, but they keep ditching storylines like 2 different Katrina ones and a Bill/Monica one.

Versace was good, especially the acting, but the OJ one was defs better

just a more compelling story

Didn't watch it when it aired on FX but the American Crime Story season on Versace is really solid. I remember when it happened but honestly didn't know anything about the killer. Really well done show.

I just remember that one of the housemates from Real World: Miami that was gay dated a guy that was later confused as the killer based on physical description.

giphy.gif

if you are into the Walking Dead type shows I've watched 2 episodes of Black Summer and it's pretty good so far.

Kept hearing great things about "I Think You Should Leave", and sketch comedy show. I've watched most of the episodes and it's pretty meh. Just absurdist stuff, but not really witty or clever. It's a less funny Mr. Show.

Kept hearing great things about "I Think You Should Leave", and sketch comedy show. I've watched most of the episodes and it's pretty meh. Just absurdist stuff, but not really witty or clever. It's a less funny Mr. Show.

I am in agreement with you on this.

And shame on you folks for not knowing Linda Cardellini's name. I'm not surprised at all she was smokin' in a bikini, she's gorgeous and a treasure.

Extremely Wicked Shockingly Evil and Vile is ok. Good change of pace for Efron, but the Ted Bundy tapes series is much better.

Last edited:
Did anyone watch the very strange Home Movies release by Jerrod Carmichael last night? It is on HBOGO/Now. I think there will be more?

Its just him talking to various (largely unidentified) black female relatives (presumably in Winston, where he is from) while drinking and then at the end he talks to his mom, asks her if she ever hooked up with chicks, and then casually drops that he has hooked up with dudes. Cut to credits. As a side note, the series is I think produced by Tyler the Creator's productions company, who also recently admitted that he is into dudes.

Anyway, that was my GoT comedown last night.

It would be interesting if there was a black gay love triangle to compete with this whole Lupita-Janelle Monae-Tessa Thompson deal.

Did anyone watch the very strange Home Movies release by Jerrod Carmichael last night? It is on HBOGO/Now. I think there will be more?

Its just him talking to various (largely unidentified) black female relatives (presumably in Winston, where he is from) while drinking and then at the end he talks to his mom, asks her if she ever hooked up with chicks, and then casually drops that he has hooked up with dudes. Cut to credits. As a side note, the series is I think produced by Tyler the Creator's productions company, who also recently admitted that he is into dudes.

Anyway, that was my GoT comedown last night.

haven't seen it --- would you recommend it? i like jerrod carmichael

I just finished the Oh, hello show with John Mulaney and Nick Kroll. It's been some time since I've laughed that hard.

Catch 22 on Hulu- Not enjoyable. Excellent cast, but this is not a book that lends itself to the visual medium, at least in this scenario. The snappy repartee which is humorous in the book, is played too deadpan in the show.

Catch 22 on Hulu- Not enjoyable. Excellent cast, but this is not a book that lends itself to the visual medium, at least in this scenario. The snappy repartee which is humorous in the book, is played too deadpan in the show.

Bummer. Was intrigued based on the cast but agree that it’s a very difficult work to translate to screen.

I've somehow never been able to finish the book, which is weird to me. I don't dislike it when I try; same thing happened with his second novel, Something Happened, so maybe it's just Heller. I can't quite explain it, oh well.

Either of you seen the Mike Nichols directed one with Alan Arkin?

Back