• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Russian doll is fine for a plane ride. Enjoy... it’s a cool show

Finally watched (experienced?) Bandersnatch. Was having a great time with it. I thought it was kinda leading me in one direction and then would go back to a "better" path and that was the intended way the story was supposed to go, but then realized that wasn't what it's very open ended and there isn't an intended story (at least seems that way). Excited to go back to it again.

Did you ever think "What would the movie Heavy Metal be like if it were made today?" If you answered affirmatively, check out Love, Death and Robots on Netflix. Gorey stuff, amazing 3d animation.

I watched After Life written by and starring Ricky Gervais, six 30-minute episodes. Enjoyable and funny with some heavy situations. Board athiests will enjoy.

Russian Doll is excellent, and extremely bingeable. Defs safe for a plane ride.

Triple Frontier was pretty good. Probably one of my favorite Netflix movies but a lot of them suck so not exactly a high bar to clear.

I was just about to ask about this. I like Oscar Isaac and Pedro Pascal, but not so much Affleck. I've been watching a lot of Narcos recently, so it kind of fits. Might check it out.

Does "safe for a plane ride," refer to nudity? because there is some nudity.

Does "safe for a plane ride," refer to nudity? because there is some nudity.
meh I've seen nudity on inflight entertainment movies before. most notable was in American Gangster where the women are nude so they don't steal any of the coke.

I was just about to ask about this. I like Oscar Isaac and Pedro Pascal, but not so much Affleck. I've been watching a lot of Narcos recently, so it kind of fits. Might check it out.
Thankfully it is really an ensemble cast versus Affleck being the lead and Oscar Isaac would probably be considered the main character out of everyone. Charlie Hunnam's performance is probably the best out of all of them, he was a pretty nice foil to the others. The guy who played Billingsley in Friday Night Lights was pretty good too.

Triple Frontier was pretty mehhhh. Honestly they didnt need Hunam or Gareth or the Rogue One guy, they barely have any lines and barely do anything.

Super weak script.

Triple Frontier is not going to win any oscars, but it is highly watchable. Even my wife stayed with it the entire way.

Back