• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Also, "i thought you were at Cestus III, kneck deep in alligators" is a fantastic reference.

The resemblance to ENT and TOS warbirds can’t be ignored given this series’ art direction and affinity for reference and callbacks.

The Other Two is a new Comedy Central show created and written by Sarah Schneider, former SNL head writer and WFU alum. First episode was good and reviews are generally positive. Airs on Thursday evenings.

The Other Two is pretty good. It's starting to hit it stride. It seems like it should be more raunchy than it really is given that it pairs with Broad City. It's a cute wholesome family comedy aside from the masturbation scenes.

Well, ST: Discovery continues to be intriguing. It's hard to compare to other Treks because the storytelling is so different but overall I continue to think it's a good use of the IP.

Apparently, they've already got another show based on the [currently kind of dumb] Section 31 in development. If this new animated series is any good, it's possible that Star Trek could climb out of the ashes.

New season of chef's table on Netflix has episode about Sean Brock from Charleston. So so good

ST: Discovery renewed for a 3rd season, which his great. TNG, DS9 and VOY didn't really come into their own until their third seasons so I'm looking forward to seeing where they take the show.

yeah, it's probably permanently on All-Access as it's pretty much their only marquee property that's exclusive to the platform. Annoying for sure.

I might wait until S2 is done to binge both seasons if that's your plan.

Also check out the Short Treks episodes; they're well made, entertaining and help color in the world even if they're not essential.

"Sex Education" is so awesome. This is the show that I wanted "Everything Sucks" to be - not necessarily the sexual theme, but the dialogue and the interesting characters, and even though it's not set in the past, it has a retro feel with the retro soundtrack and wardrobe

Agreed. Sex Education is fantastic.

First couple of episodes of the docu-series Dirty Money are decent. First is about the Volkswagen emissions scandal and the second is Scott Tucker and his predatory lending business

Just watched these. Most of them are very good.

ST: Discovery finally unveils their version of Spock and it's kind of underwhelming. The episode had a fun classic Trek style B plot involving a space-time anomaly that is maybe a monster of the week but maybe part or the S2 arc? Hard to tell. This season has had lots of fan-service to TOS and Trek in general, but the stinger on the episode ties into to some OG Trek/Captain Pike lore.

The show could use more bottle episodes and a lot less melodrama surrounding the main characters. I wish we could retconn that timeline as some sort of alternate timeline, like the Mirror Universe. It's still not great but I think Discovery is a lot better than the Abrams movie Trek universe.

I'm enjoying "The Break"-Belgian show about a cop recounting a murder investigation gone wrong. One quibble I have is that whoever is dubbing the show has no respect for an American's ability to figure out metric/European units. Kilometers become miles, kilograms become pounds (conversions of both are routinely botched), euros become dollars, and at one point they turn "That isn't a French word" to "That isn't an English word" Also, Togo becomes Nigeria for some reason.

Is Russian Doll appropriate to watch on a plane? Just getting some downloads ready. Just want to make sure a pegging scene doesn't come out of nowhere or something like that.

Back