• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

19 year old Eloy Jimenez looked good in the Us/World game - 2/3 with a 3-run homer and also made a great catch in right field.

I mean, they are going to want the untouchables, there isn't much to do

Again, the time is now. Any other team would do this as there is no guarantee the "untouchables" amount to anything. That's why you have a good farm system in order to trade for proven talent. Don't be old Chicago and screw this up by not making a move for proven talent.

Again, the time is now. Any other team would do this as there is no guarantee the "untouchables" amount to anything. That's why you have a good farm system in order to trade for proven talent. Don't be old Chicago and screw this up by not making a move for proven talent.

Untouchables mean Javy Baez, Schwarber, Contreras and Russell/Rizzo/Bryant - any prospect is open game, but Atlanta will want cost controlled young MLB ready players. Its not like they would take a Jorge Soler and Dan Vogelbach deal or something.

You guys are not paying attention to the Braves, they legit want the moon for Teheran.

On a minor league note, saw Torres play in Winston last week. Crushed a two-run homer in the first to left field. He has a lot of promise (obviously).

Also, just pointing out that Teherans FIP and xFIP point to a downward trend in the second half. And if you look at anything besides ERA, he would basically be our 5th best starter. There is no reason to give what they are asking for, unless you want to blindly look at his ERA and say he is superstar talent for the rest of the year.

Rich Hill will cost a lot less and looks like a much better option if we want to replace Hammel.

On a minor league note, saw Torres play in Winston last week. Crushed a two-run homer in the first to left field. He has a lot of promise (obviously).

I'm shocked he is not in Tennessee yet - the dude manning SS in AA is terrible.

Warren seems the first option to move to the starting rotation with Cahill a close second. Richard is also an option but I believe the Cubs are hoping he could be a fallback as the second LH reliever in the pen. The primary need of this team is health followed closely by a quality LH reliever. Wood is already gassed and needs help. Yankees have Miller and Chapman and are reportedly receiving offers. They are getting zero production from 1B and Vogelbach appears ready but stuck. Candelario is close and stuck. Almora has shown well but I have to think his performance may have taken him off the table. He might also close a deal to the Yanks. There are probably other LH relievers under consideration but the prize is a Yankee.

Warren seems the first option to move to the starting rotation with Cahill a close second. Richard is also an option but I believe the Cubs are hoping he could be a fallback as the second LH reliever in the pen. The primary need of this team is health followed closely by a quality LH reliever. Wood is already gassed and needs help. Yankees have Miller and Chapman and are reportedly receiving offers. They are getting zero production from 1B and Vogelbach appears ready but stuck. Candelario is close and stuck. Almora has shown well but I have to think his performance may have taken him off the table. He might also close a deal to the Yanks. There are probably other LH relievers under consideration but the prize is a Yankee.

I don't think Warren takes Hammels place - he isn't struggling that bad yet. Warren had one good start, but a ton of bad appearances before that.

Brian Matusz made his first appearance in AA yesterday - gave up 1 run over 3 1/3, struck out 6, walked 2. Not bad, assuming he will be up in a couple of weeks if he keeps it up. All the lefties we can get.

Good eye on Matusz DaDeacs. Missed his pick up. He and Richard are both showing OK so far. Kawasaki has returned to Iowa so Ross must be good to go.

I didn't mean to infer Hammel was out. He has put a big emphasis on having a strong second half and I hope it pays off. However, given his history it seems prudent to have a contingency plan.

Caught the Reds game on Thursday afternoon and Braves game on Friday night. Bleachers are such a fun spot, especially for a day game. Was gifted rooftop tickets for the Friday night game. Incredible view and experience. I thought it felt like a more expensive social gathering/business meeting than a good spot to catch a game, but definitely enjoyed it. Would I do it again? Probably not. Would I recommend if you are interested? Absolutely.

Also, I freaking love Wrigleyville. The character of the area is phenomenal, one of my favorite spots.

Wrigleyville on Friday during the game, Bleachers tickets for Saturday's matchup against los Rangers. Looks like I'll be seeing Hammel vs. Darvish.

Wrigleyville on Friday during the game, Bleachers tickets for Saturday's matchup against los Rangers. Looks like I'll be seeing Hammel vs. Darvish.

Super pissed, I am going to miss the game on Friday - I fly out of ohare at 9 PM, but my last meeting won't end until 3. May end up at cubby bear for the last few innings.

Cubs recall Ross from the 7 day concussion DL as anticipated. Trevor Cahill place on the 15 day DL with right knee patellar tendinitis. Clayton Richard recalled from his rehab assignment to replace Cahill.

Good defense, good pitching and timely hitting propel the Cubs to a 6-0 win over the Texas Rangers. Hendricks with six shutout innings earns his eighth win. Baez, Russell and Szczur with the RBI hits. Work your magic Brasky.

Solid defense today by Almora, Bryant, Rizzo and Baez - good game all around.

Brasky gets to see Yu's first start of the year.

Spent the day in Wrigleyville with my boy rooting on our boys. Addison starting off the second half with a thump.

VIBES VIBES VIBES

I can't wait for tomorrow

Back