• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Well leads to the question of whether you got the complete ending which I think was certainly more satisfying from a gameplay standpoint. It’s also a game you could spend hours on the “lore” which is super involved but also vague enough that it leaves parts unclear/unresolved so it can be argued endlessly by fans. Personally I thought it was the best game I’ve played in years

I assume I did not. I was only about 78% clear when I beat it. I couldn't get past the final boss of the Grimm Troupe and finally just decided to finish the game instead of beat my head against it any longer. I did appreciate the storytelling as a whole, it was just a bit too abrupt of an ending for my tastes, but that makes sense if there is a true ending that I didn't get.

I hadn’t heard of CK until it was mentioned earlier, but holy shit, I must play this game
19ede725ed041823d568c17f77058f4b.jpg

I assume I did not. I was only about 78% clear when I beat it. I couldn't get past the final boss of the Grimm Troupe and finally just decided to finish the game instead of beat my head against it any longer. I did appreciate the storytelling as a whole, it was just a bit too abrupt of an ending for my tastes, but that makes sense if there is a true ending that I didn't get.

Once I defeated the Hollow Knight and had sunk a lot of hours into the game I then started looking at gameplay details/guides on the rest because I don’t feel like wandering forever trying to figure out what to do next, and what you have to do to get the complete ending I probably would never have found. Actually executing it once I did know what to do was difficult enough

I’m only like an hour in and am a bit lost. Is there a path I’m supposed to follow at some point or continue to just run around and hopefully find a way I hadn’t been before.

Seems like I recall there is only one area available at first so I’d say explore it fully until you can move to the next

But yes that will be a common problem once the game opens up more - I would just explore everywhere I could early on and the game more or less directs to the next area based on your character’s abilities

It just became a little overwhelming by the later stages of the game because the worldmap becomes huge

hollow knight was amazingly good but i had no f’ing clue what was actually going on story-wise

Yeah I don’t need a ton of lore or story in a platformer. Those games are all about feel and looks. And hollow Knight kicks ass in those regards.

Yeah. Super Mario Odyssey has an absurd story that’s horribly offensive if you think about it but it’s an amazing game.

Taking over other people’s bodies against their will isn’t a common trope and was actually the big innovation in the game.

Oh I thought you meant the stealing the princess/damsel in distress trope.

That’s quite tired. The weird forced wedding was a pretty bad extension of it.

BOTW did the trope right. Zelda is in distress because she’s been fighting the bad guy by herself for 100 years. And you get backstory about her struggle in the process of getting to her.

I’m only like an hour in and am a bit lost. Is there a path I’m supposed to follow at some point or continue to just run around and hopefully find a way I hadn’t been before.

If you haven't gotten to this point yet, you have to buy maps of each area from a character in that area. There is a sound cue and pages on the ground near his location. A couple of times he is a pain to find, but it usually is easy to run into him.

Anyone playing Cyberpunk?

Yea, I’d recommend waiting until next gen to people who haven’t bought it but are leaning towards it. It’s a bit of a glitchy mess. The bones of an amazing game there but there are issues beyond the glitches IMO. My buddy and I chose different “life paths” and are finding the choice completely irrelevant.

Read this interview with Doug Bowser, new head of Nintendo of America. God, what a bummer of a corporate robot this dude seems to be. Dodges questions with buzzword synergy type bullshit at every turn. Drops shit like “UGC” and “8.0 attach rate” and then this meaningless bullshit:

We look at a number of different factors. First of all, we talk a lot here about audiences and the audiences that we want to target through various campaigns, through various efforts. Then, we look at the content that is coming our way, both hardware and software, and determine how that will fit into those audiences and how we want to communicate

These words probably mean something to DCDeacon but if you’re doing an interview with a consumer facing publication then try to talk like a consumer.

TLDR I miss Reggie.

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/...rview-switch-pro-joycon-drift-animal-crossing

Jesus Christ and I just saw he referred to the President of Nintendo as “Mr. Furukawa” instead of “Furukawa-san” like Reggie would have. Ugh fuck this guy. Living up to his last name.

Interesting interview though. He basically said the Switch and the AAA in-house games are doing so well that there's no need to rush out sequels whether it be a Switch Pro or BOTW2.

Interesting interview though. He basically said the Switch and the AAA in-house games are doing so well that there's no need to rush out sequels whether it be a Switch Pro or BOTW2.

But he answered those questions in a way where I wouldn’t be surprised if switch pro and BOTW2 came out 2 months from now or 26 months from now

Back