• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I've picked up two PS5s and one Xbox X (all currently accounted for, sorry) and the best answer here is Sam's Club or Costco. You need that paywall protection to beat the pool of bots and resellers that flood Target, Walmart, BestBuy when they release stock. I was using twitter bots to track restocks but started using a web-crawler yesterday and it worked like a charm. Basically, you can setup a free chrome extension to monitor the Costco or Sam's Club PS5 page for any changes and when a change is made, receive a text straight to your phone. You can even narrow down the text on the page that is monitored to just the "out of stock" box so you don't get updates when they change the product descriptions, ads, etc.

Which Chrome extension?

Just secured a PS% bundle from Costco. Disc system, two controllers, Mile Morales Ultimate Edition, and a month of online play.

Same one I got. I’m glad to finally get a PS5 and turn off my notifications.

What do you guys do with old systems? Given that the PS5 is backwards compatible, there doesn’t seem to be any reason to keep the 4 around. I’ve also still got my PS3 and an entire PC full of old, but still usable parts that I haven’t touched in a while.

Just bought a Switch through a Twitter bot that had a link to a console here in Charlotte. Any other accessories for it I need to pick up?

What do you guys do with old systems? Given that the PS5 is backwards compatible, there doesn’t seem to be any reason to keep the 4 around. I’ve also still got my PS3 and an entire PC full of old, but still usable parts that I haven’t touched in a while.

I keep all my old systems, but I've almost got a museum quality collection of old systems and games. Once I get a new XBOX, I'll probably give my XBOX One to my daughter, as there are a few games on there that she enjoys (Slime Rancher, Battlefront, Ori). The PS5 is further down the line probably, but I'm not sure what I will do with that.

I have 2 TVs to play games on, so I’ll leave the PS4 Pro on one and put the PS5 on the other.

Might move the other PS4 to my office.

Have a buddy who is a big Lego Amazon reseller (the guy travels the SE US weekends buying close out / clearance legos) and he has a network of fellow resellers. On a whim, called him and he worked his network to find me a PS5 in about 30 minutes! Pretty excited to have this resolved.

Just hooked up my Switch, paid $20 for Nintendo online, and spent an hour playing Super Dodgeball from my childhood. Welp.

In other news, talk to me about Hades and why everyone is calling this the best game in the history of ever.

Just hooked up my Switch, paid $20 for Nintendo online, and spent an hour playing Super Dodgeball from my childhood. Welp.

In other news, talk to me about Hades and why everyone is calling this the best game in the history of ever.

Super Dodgeball is great. I'm not sure if I'm excited or disappointed that they kept in the colossal slowdown in that game.

Hades is a very well done Rogue-lite, has great writing, art, and music, and is $25 on Switch. It is one of the best games of the year and is half the price of most other games.

Super Dodgeball is great. I'm not sure if I'm excited or disappointed that they kept in the colossal slowdown in that game.

Hades is a very well done Rogue-lite, has great writing, art, and music, and is $25 on Switch. It is one of the best games of the year and is half the price of most other games.

Is there any way to get rid of the menu bar at the bottom of the NES/SNES games, showing you what happens if you press Select/Start, etc?
Also, if you want to back out of a game, you have to go to the main menu and close the software. Is there any easier way?

I'm just getting into Hades. At first I was like, what's the big deal, why do people like this game so much, you just do the same thing over and over. Plus you just get dumped in and if you don't know the rogue-like genre (which I didn't) it takes a few runs for it to start clicking. But a few more runs and you start engaging with more characters and getting more powerups, story info, etc... Definitely really well done and a lot of fun.

Yeah, love Hades. I’ve done 25 runs and the furthest I’ve gotten is draining Hades life bar once. I just dash attack with the shield or gloves over and over again. The voice actor for Dionysus is the best, I always pick him even though his rewards aren’t the best.

Odyssey is fun but I can't wait to play Breath of the Wild this weekend.

What other good games have you all bought in the e-store?

Finished BOTW this week in advance of Age of Calamity tomorrow. Started Miles Morales last night.

I think Valhalla is a better game than Odyssey overall but the combat is jankier. i also find it hard to see stuff (items/objectives/bad guys). Also for some reason they made the "center of screen" reticle the same shape, size and color of the "thing you can interact with" white circle.

Back