• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I used to be a big fan of them, but 3 was bad and then Unity really put me off the series. I am getting ready to fire up Syndicate, though, as I just finished a couple of games and wanted to clear up a bit of backlog. The newer games don't necessarily sound like what I want from AC games, as I like the more methodical planning and combat of the early ones.

then you will not like syndicate. i mean, it's a fun setting but still not great. Unity improved after launch when they fixed all the dumb bugs; i still didn't like all the tedious stuff and Syndicate has a lot of that.

Ezio was the peak of "actual assassinations" missions. i think after that Black Flag and then the newer crop (Origins & Odyssey) are pretty good but more action-RPG.

Made it to checkout for BestBuy and Walmart this morning but as expected shit went nuts and everything disappeared. Ah well.

Same with me. I really don't think PS5 will be easily available until 2021.

then you will not like syndicate. i mean, it's a fun setting but still not great. Unity improved after launch when they fixed all the dumb bugs; i still didn't like all the tedious stuff and Syndicate has a lot of that.

Ezio was the peak of "actual assassinations" missions. i think after that Black Flag and then the newer crop (Origins & Odyssey) are pretty good but more action-RPG.

I'm fist deep in Odyssey right now and, man, that's a huge, long game. Currently level 30 and I am having mixed feelings about just trying to finish the main story versus getting to Level 50, getting elbow deep, and crushing everyone.

I'm fist deep in Odyssey right now and, man, that's a huge, long game. Currently level 30 and I am having mixed feelings about just trying to finish the main story versus getting to Level 50, getting elbow deep, and crushing everyone.

i played it right at release; i loved it and the game loop. i found that Kassandra became pretty OP by what i gathered was 75% of the way through and i sort of lost steam but only because I have kids and little time. but that was mostly because i loved doing all the side stuff and exploring. The Ancient Greek setting is perfect for the game's mythos.

I played Unity well after release as well, so I didn't have any glitching. I just hated all the characters and too many things felt like they were completely without consequence. I did like how they offered optional objectives for the main missions though. I've generally heard that Syndicate improved on the story and some of the gameplay, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I can always quit if it doesn't do it for me. I'm not lacking in games to play.

According to reviews/PR, they put more of the strategy/stealth elements back into Vallhalla that had been removed from recent editions. Specifically social stealth/crowdblending and one-hit secret blade ambushes. Not sure if that will translate to more actual assassinating in-game or not. I didn't get far into Odyssey but it was not an assassination game, it was a sword/spearfighting game.

Same with me. I really don't think PS5 will be easily available until 2021.

Yeah. That’s typical. You’d just think manufacturing and supply chains would get to the point where people could purchase a popular product or at least easily get on a list to get it at a reasonable time.

Intrigued by all this hades talk. Is it similar to diablo 3 and if so how does it compare?

Yeah I’ve heard so many great things about Hades I’m going to download it tonight.

Intrigued by all this hades talk. Is it similar to diablo 3 and if so how does it compare?

It’s kind of hack and slashy the way Diablo is, but the gameplay is so much more responsive and satisfying. Every run is different based on the buffs you find. And you have that great dopamine hit of feeling more powerful with every run. The narrative and the art are exceptional too. And it is SUPER horny.

define super horny please. 8 yo has a switch but wouldn't want him to check it out 8f inappropriate and I... borrowed it.

define super horny please. 8 yo has a switch but wouldn't want him to check it out 8f inappropriate and I... borrowed it.

Good art of attractive topless men and a couple scantily clad women among others. Nothing overtly sexual, but the subtext is that everyone is fucking. At least it has been subtext as far as I have gotten.

It is much faster paced than Diablo, and there isn't really loot in the same sense. Writing, music, and voice acting are very good, though Orpheus does get on my nerves. It is very fun, but it is really just a series of 1-2 minute encounters stacked together with an occasional boss fight thrown in. If you don't like the combat, there isn't much else for you. But the combat is very strong.

Video Game Thread - Final Fantasy XVI Announced - No Other News

basically just comes through in the character art and the dialogue. You can check out the art at this page (also SPOILER ALERT for characters some people haven’t seen yet):

https://hades.gamepedia.com/Characters

The dialogue has a lot of horny subtext, but nobody is like "yeah we're gonna go FUCK now"

Last edited:
Thanks. May need to play with the profiles a little more. Probably gonna busy for a bit so I'll be pretty late to the party.

Total non gamer here but our son really wants a PS5 for Xmas. We of course got shut out today by the bots. Any sense when a more normal supply of the consoles will be available?

The PS4 came almost exactly 7 years ago. Some quick searching of the PS4 timeline shows that there were shortages well past the summer.

I think most of the launch games are coming out for the PS4. If you download the games, you can play them on both PS5s. You can play the PS4 disc in the PS5.

Total non gamer here but our son really wants a PS5 for Xmas. We of course got shut out today by the bots. Any sense when a more normal supply of the consoles will be available?

I've picked up two PS5s and one Xbox X (all currently accounted for, sorry) and the best answer here is Sam's Club or Costco. You need that paywall protection to beat the pool of bots and resellers that flood Target, Walmart, BestBuy when they release stock. I was using twitter bots to track restocks but started using a web-crawler yesterday and it worked like a charm. Basically, you can setup a free chrome extension to monitor the Costco or Sam's Club PS5 page for any changes and when a change is made, receive a text straight to your phone. You can even narrow down the text on the page that is monitored to just the "out of stock" box so you don't get updates when they change the product descriptions, ads, etc.

I've picked up two PS5s and one Xbox X (all currently accounted for, sorry) and the best answer here is Sam's Club or Costco. You need that paywall protection to beat the pool of bots and resellers that flood Target, Walmart, BestBuy when they release stock. I was using twitter bots to track restocks but started using a web-crawler yesterday and it worked like a charm. Basically, you can setup a free chrome extension to monitor the Costco or Sam's Club PS5 page for any changes and when a change is made, receive a text straight to your phone. You can even narrow down the text on the page that is monitored to just the "out of stock" box so you don't get updates when they change the product descriptions, ads, etc.

Wanna sell one of those PS5s?

Back