• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

On run #51, I finally beat Hades. Kind of unexpected, honestly. I had the Rail and had been struggling through the Labyrinth, having to hit four of the five doors. But I had been powering up the special and had the heavy blast mod on it, and it just worked for the final battle. Lost maybe 100 health over the whole fight.

People are trying to get their dumb PS5 jokes in on Twitter and messing up searches. People suck.

New AC tomorrow. Despite my better judgement, that is the last IP that I still pre-order for some reason.

I don't preorder, but I always get them first day. It's my favorite series of the last 10/however many years.

I don't preorder, but I always get them first day. It's my favorite series of the last 10/however many years.

I used to be a big fan of them, but 3 was bad and then Unity really put me off the series. I am getting ready to fire up Syndicate, though, as I just finished a couple of games and wanted to clear up a bit of backlog. The newer games don't necessarily sound like what I want from AC games, as I like the more methodical planning and combat of the early ones.

Just secured a PS% bundle from Costco. Disc system, two controllers, Mile Morales Ultimate Edition, and a month of online play.

I loved Odyssey but only finished about half because the scope was so big. I miss the Ezio trilogy where the storyline was great, music was incredible (Jesper Kyd GOAT) and you could wrap the game up in 25 hours or so.

I loved Odyssey but only finished about half because the scope was so big. I miss the Ezio trilogy where the storyline was great, music was incredible (Jesper Kyd GOAT) and you could wrap the game up in 25 hours or so.

I just really love the overall gameplay loop. I get sick of a lot of the collect-a-thon type of games (even Spiderman on PS4, and that game was fantastic), but man, I can just wander and do collectibles and side stuff FOREVER in AC games. The stories are fine and usually fun, which of course doesn't hurt.

I actually really liked Unity, but I never had any technical issues aside from maybe falling through the floor once during my play thru on XBone.

I managed to get a PS5 digital into my cart during the 12:00 Walmart window but couldn't purchase it. What a shit show.

People are willing to do anything. It's tough out there.

Last edited:
Just secured a PS% bundle from Costco. Disc system, two controllers, Mile Morales Ultimate Edition, and a month of online play.

Anyone want this Miles Morales Ultimate Edition once I receive it? Just not a game that I'm planning to play. I'm seeing 69.99 on Amazon, happy to ship it for $50.00 if that is fair?

It's gotten great reviews. The first one is one of the best games I've ever played.

I ordered a PS4 disk, but I think I'm going to send it back and go digital, so I don't have to purchase it again for the PS5.

Made it to checkout for BestBuy and Walmart this morning but as expected shit went nuts and everything disappeared. Ah well.

Made it to checkout for BestBuy and Walmart this morning but as expected shit went nuts and everything disappeared. Ah well.

Honest question, do y'all not get systems sent to you for testing and such with games in development? I don't know why I assumed that to be the case, but I just figured Sony and Microsoft would hook you up with dozens of systems to distribute internally as needed.

Honest question, do y'all not get systems sent to you for testing and such with games in development? I don't know why I assumed that to be the case, but I just figured Sony and Microsoft would hook you up with dozens of systems to distribute internally as needed.

That is DCDeacon, not DCDeac

Well that's confusing. Good catch BBD, I'm not sure i've ever noticed they're two different posters.

:couch:

It's easy to tell them apart. One is the tech savvy guy who lives in DC and (I think) works for some technology firm. The other is the tech savvy guy who lives in DC and work for a video game company. Simple.

It's easy to tell them apart. One is the tech savvy guy who lives in DC and (I think) works for some technology firm. The other is the tech savvy guy who lives in DC and work for a video game company. Simple.

Yeah I picked my username 2 boards ago (at least?) probably shortly after I moved to the DC area. My first interview here was on 9/11 at Old Ebbitt Grill near the mall (needless to say it didn't happen, we got evacuated in a panic) so it was kind of a solidarity/support thing for DC since I stayed. Little did I know that years later someone with an infinitely cooler job than me would snag my (almost) username. Then again that's what I get for being generic.

DCDeacon hooked me up with a beta Doom release though so all is forgiven.

Back