• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Brownback's Kansas

Kansas and Oklahoma would prolly be the last 2 states I'd visit. I mean, Arkansas at least has the Ozarks, and Louisiana has N'awleans, and the mostly Pub mountain west is beautiful. But I can't imagine ever going to Kansas or Oklahoma. I have a friend, who was about to lose his position at UVA, who didn't have anything else lined up, who then rejected an offer from an Oklahoma college after interviewing out there because he couldn't imagine what his wife would have said or done had they ended up relocating there.

Sports are the only reason I'd visit Kansas or Oklahoma.

Downtown Lawrence is very college townish. Sort of like Chapel Hill.

Also thought Lawrence was a pretty cool town. Would only go back to see a game in Allen Field House. Wouldn't make a special trip to OKC for it, but I'd imagine the OKC bombing museum/memorial would be worth visiting.

Also thought Lawrence was a pretty cool town. Would only go back to see a game in Allen Field House. Wouldn't make a special trip to OKC for it, but I'd imagine the OKC bombing museum/memorial would be worth visiting.

Would you be a sovereign citizen on a pilgrimage?

Kansas City is fun and Lawrence is a fun campus to visit, especially for a game at Phog Allen

KC is a really underrated city, but the vast majority of the best and most interesting parts of it are on the Missouri side ... so I'm not sure that it quite counts as "reasons to visit to Kansas".

Allen Field House is the best reason to visit the state of Kansas. It's the best basketball arena on the planet, and if you love sports you should go once in your life. Other than that ... yeah, Kansas doesn't have a lot that's particularly interesting to visit.

KC is a really underrated city, but the vast majority of the best and most interesting parts of it are on the Missouri side ... so I'm not sure that it quite counts as "reasons to visit to Kansas".

Allen Field House is the best reason to visit the state of Kansas. It's the best basketball arena on the planet, and if you love sports you should go once in your life. Other than that ... yeah, Kansas doesn't have a lot that's particularly interesting to visit.
Yeah, I never really thought about what side of the state line I was on when I was there, I lived in Overland Park and worked in Raytown. Seems like Missouri and Kansas could claim it equally as a tourist destination

I think of KC more on the MO side and that's a decent town. And I'd agree to seeing a game at the Phog, but I've spent enough time in Kansas (Topeka, Hays, Kansas side of KC). I'm good.

Seems like a weird thing to post about one of the biggest tourism regions in the world.

Tourism numbers don't tell the whole story. It's who those numbers are made of that counts.

"Jorts Belt". That's good.

They are made of people from all over the world.

I don't think anyone can argue that people come to Central Florida because of its class and culture.

I don't really get the idea of Rick Perry as a tea party candidate. As governor in Texas, he was all about centralizing power and expanding the state's role in governing, just like G.W. Bush was before him.

I don't really get the idea of Rick Perry as a tea party candidate. As governor in Texas, he was all about centralizing power and expanding the state's role in governing, just like G.W. Bush was before him.

States rights?

Back