• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Summer Thread

Deacons Illustrated
‏@WakeRivals
Wake sophomore kicker Adam Centers is out for the season with a leg injury, according to coach Dave Clawson this evening.

What a way to kickoff the season ... Wocka wocka wocka

except for the typo on the fight song wall... #noSAT

11236792.jpeg

Ok I'm missing it

Sooooo...probably a stupid question but who is doing the PK duties? Weaver?

Some interesting items in the Dan Collins piece here: http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/wake-forest-s-offensive-line-building-strength-gaining-knowledge/article_a5d1f23b-4cb6-5b4d-9f47-341e4bc7c5fb.html

First, the Clawson quote on Will Smith:
“There’s some things that happened internally in our program, and externally for Will,’’ Clawson said, without elaborating. “It was kind of in both parties’ best interests that he move on.’’

Second, the two OL lineups that are being used as first team right now:
One looks like this: LT Haynes, LT Hayworth, C Harris, RG Intemann and RT Herron
The other looks like this: LT Haynes, LG Harris, C Terry, RG Intemann and RT Herron

The article also confirms that redshirt freshman OG Patrick Osterhage is other guy in the top 7 OLs right now. That means that 4 of the top 7 OLs are in their second year in the program - either redshirt freshmen or true sophomores. The departure that is really hurting is Cory Helms.

I was a little surprised to see that Josh Harris is playing center, but I guess somebody had to. I'm also not crazy about that fact that so many players are having to practice multiple positions. You would think that early in your development it would make more sense to just practice one position and get it down. I guess we don't have that luxury.

Last edited:
Can a kickoff be a free kick? - If so, then punt it, in a pinch.

Last edited:
Having your field goal kicker is certainly less than ideal. We should do an open tryout on campus to see if you can find any ex-kickers or ex-soccer players that may have a decent leg. I'm sure the staff is considering every viable option.

At some point your kickoff guy will probably have to try and tackle somebody. You can't just pull some Messi-sized soccer player in, give him pads, and tell him to boot it to kingdom come

At some point your kickoff guy will probably have to try and tackle somebody. You can't just pull some Messi-sized soccer player in, give him pads, and tell him to boot it to kingdom come

Garo Yupremium (sp?)

We had a former Wake soccer player as our kickoff guy just a few years ago (Andrew Wright). He definitely was not Messi-sized, but it's a reminder that not all soccer players are

Back