• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Summer Thread

Wake Football: Summer Thread

Cheers! Violation of Team Rules suspensions for Ryan Anderson (5 games) and Thomas Brown (1 game). Let the speculation on the offenses begin.

First practice 8/6 at 6am.

A "split squad" practice on August 9th. Is that effectively a scrimmage?

There is a fairly complicated system that lets you know when you can start practice, its not just x number of days before your first game. It has to do with when summer school lets out and when fall classes begin and how you want to use your practice time. You can only have, I think, 29 on-field practices out of your allowed 40 units. Throw in the required one day off a week, two a days, meetings, weight sessions, losing freshmen to orientation for a few practices, the five day acclimation period and it gets confusing. I assure you that Wake's coaches have spent many hours meeting and laying out exactly how August will be organized so that it fits into this formula and gives them what they need to prepare their team.

So, how do the Heels do it, then?

Cheers! Violation of Team Rules suspensions for Ryan Anderson (5 games) and Thomas Brown (1 game). Let the speculation on the offenses begin.

Ryan Anderson was running with the first team this spring. That makes the Helms departure hurt that much more. Will Anderson be with the team through August camp?

Ouch.
Hopefully, Anderson isn't one of the 3 RS Freshman that Clawson indicated might start.

Wake Rivals tweeted that Anderson and Brown will be full participants in practices/camp this month. Still with the team.

Well that's wonderful....and at a position(s) where we can least afford knotheads. 5 games is alot....we'll no doubt hear more on this.

Wake Football: Summer Thread

Well that's wonderful....and at a position(s) where we can least afford knotheads. 5 games is alot....we'll no doubt hear more on this.

We might not. We're usually pretty tight-lipped on stuff like this.

Ryan Anderson (5 game suspension) did not know who Brian Piccolo was and Thomas Brown (1 game suspension) forgot to send his mom flowers on Mother's Day.

I heard a rumor earlier in the summer that there was a party broken up at a player's place and there was weed found. Maybe one of them was the one who had it or something. I heard this about 1.5 months ago, so not sure if they would have waited that long to suspend a player though.

If that's what it is, the suspension was probably given then and just announced now.

I think the Gibson and Preble suspensions last year were announced right at the start of camp, too.

I don't know what the suspensions are for, but I do know that the infractions happened a while back. In other words, this isn't something that happened just last week.

5 games? - first quarter of Scrub U game if you are at TOSU or Bama. Sheesh.

So I'm assuming Cameron Glenn start the Elon game now with Brown suspended? Or is it Kemp who will be backing up Brown?

Back