• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Summer Thread

Clawson is someone who gets Wake... He sees the issues of LOWF and turns them to an advantage in his pitch.

Grobe always said that Wake recruits from a puddle, not a pool. Clawson seems to echo that thought and builds as well on the character issue. I certainly hope the team gets to a bowl this year but if not, next year is a must.

Clawson is someone who gets Wake... He sees the issues of LOWF and turns them to an advantage in his pitch.

Grobe always said that Wake recruits from a puddle, not a pool. Clawson seems to echo that thought and builds as well on the character issue. I certainly hope the team gets to a bowl this year but if not, next year is a must.

Respectfully disagree. Clawson and staff have a much larger recruiting base and the results to date show they have gone after more top-rated kids and landed some. And the goal this season is being competitive equating to maybe 5 wins....more likely 4 wins. Getting to bowl eligibility next year is not a must....would be great of course but a lot has to break right.

Two quick points.

1. Last official summer workout was earlier this week. Max test gains across the board for all players was very impressive. This team will be much more physical than last year.
2. Comments by the two senior transfers in front of the team before the max tests were very telling. The gist was that this is truly a team were everyone gets along and hangs out with each other. There are no cliques or dissension. Both stated that this is the first team that they have been on like this.

Clawson and staff have set the culture in the locker room & weight room. Next up is on the field.

I've heard this several different times with different examples. " Clawson don't sleep"

Two quick points.

1. Last official summer workout was earlier this week. Max test gains across the board for all players was very impressive. This team will be much more physical than last year.
2. Comments by the two senior transfers in front of the team before the max tests were very telling. The gist was that this is truly a team were everyone gets along and hangs out with each other. There are no cliques or dissension. Both stated that this is the first team that they have been on like this.

Clawson and staff have set the culture in the locker room & weight room. Next up is on the field.

I've heard this several different times with different examples. " Clawson don't sleep"

Any numbers from the tests?

(I always enjoyed Lectro's size/weight/strength/time updates on the players. Even if some of it wasn't totally true.........I still like that stuff)

(I always enjoyed Lectro's size/weight/strength/time updates on the players. Even if some of it wasn't totally true.........I still like that stuff)

Haha Lectro. "John 'The Wolf' Wolford is now a whooping 6"3' 217 pounds and his bench press went up 123 pounds and gained 12 inches on his vertical leap so you will not only see a stronger Wolf but a more athletic Wolf in his sophomore year!"

No detailed breakdown. I know that top bench was in the 560 range, with a large grouping over 400. Pretty good for year one, and should only get better in the coming years.

Haha Lectro. "John 'The Wolf' Wolford is now a whooping 6"3' 217.5 pounds and his bench press went up 123 pounds and gained 12 inches on his vertical leap so you will not only see a stronger Wolf but a more athletic Wolf in his sophomore year!"

Fixed for you:)

Two quick points.

Great information here! A solid foundation is being built. The future looks bright. Coach Clawson is the real deal.

Haha Lectro. "John 'The Wolf' Wolford is now a whooping 6"3' 217 pounds and his bench press went up 123 pounds and gained 12 inches on his vertical leap so you will not only see a stronger Wolf but a more athletic Wolf in his sophomore year!"

You forgot to compare him to a former stud ACC player. Roman Gabriel maybe?

Clawson has us on the way back!

So sick of the dook love here in the Raleighwood area media. Time to start another 12 year winning streak against them! :)

I think you're exaggerating...........Bring Back Lectro!

So is the Wolford BP 123 over his BP from this time last year?

This is pretty big...

@GridironStuds
Former Wisconsin defensive back Devin Gaulden (University School, FL) will be transferring to Wake Forest & is eligible to play this season

From his UW bio:

2014 Season: Earned first letter, playing in all 14 games with five starts at nickelback ... totaled nine tackles and two pass breakups on season ... tallied a career-high four tackles vs. Bowling Green on Sept. 20 ... logged one tackle vs. Ohio State in Big Ten Football Championship Game on Dec. 6 ... broke up a pass vs. Minnesota on Nov. 29 ... tallied one tackle at Iowa on Nov. 22 ... logged one tackle vs. Nebraska on Nov. 15 ... registered one tackle at Northwestern on Oct. 4 ... recorded one tackle and broke up a pass vs. Western Illinois on Sept. 6

2013 Season: Did not play due to knee injury

2012 Season: Had season cut short due to a torn ACL ... recorded two tackles against UTEP on Sept. 22 ... saw action against Utah State on Sept. 15, at Oregon State on Sept. 8 and against Northern Iowa on Sept. 1

2011 Season: Appeared in six games after missing all of preseason camp with a leg injury ... made one tackle against Purdue on Nov. 5 ... recorded two tackles, inclduing first of career, against Indiana on Oct. 15 ... made Badgers debut against South Dakota on Sept. 24

High School: Three-star recruit by ESPN/Scouts Inc., Rivals and Scout ... No. 34 cornerback in the country according to ESPN.com/Scouts Inc. and No. 83 according to Scout ... named first-team all-county as a senior by the Sun Sentinel and Miami Herald after recording 36 tackles, three interceptions, 15 pass breakups, three forced fumbles and two fumbles recovered ... selected to play in NUC All-World Gridiron Classic All-Star game and Dade vs. Broward All-Star game ... lettered in football, basketball and track and field ... head coach was Roger Harriot

Back