• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Thread

I'm still active. I put more statistical work into this year and I'm only up like 10% overall. Entertaining pastime.

I'm still active. I put more statistical work into this year and I'm only up like 10% overall. Entertaining pastime.

Exactly. Not a profit machine, everyone is pretty sharp and the learning curve was steep, at first.

Has made football season fun even with the Panthers disappointment.

One of the guys in our crew is in Fanduel's WFFC this weekend. 100 people, first prize is $1MM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dug deep into the archives for this thread...and it's probably now a PIT thread, but I was curious if/how many of those on here play DFS on DraftKings or FanDuel.

I recently started up again at the end of football season and since I've started watching NHL in depth (just about a game at every timeslot every night) this season I've been playing every day. I don't play for much, only a couple hundred, but I'm finding it harder and harder to win.

I can't find a lineup optimizer that is easy to use or upload to DK (only place I play), and since I've started using more statistical stuff like optimizers and detailed projections, I've stopped winning...like tonight, on the NHL slate, I had Hurricanes and Colorado and some Chicago players going in very high scoring games. I hit on almost every player I bet on, but then I'd take 5 points on one of the "optimized" player selections and end up just outside of the money.

At one point I was up $250 across 11 contests (I know that's not a lot of money to a lot of you high rollers, but for a hobby it's pretty good for me), but ended up winning $15. I just don't get it.

Just going with my gut and picking a lot of Hurricanes players this year was leading to cash finishes in at least half of my contests every day. Now I'm going through a dry spell. Anyone out there have any advice, or recommendations for helpful sites or how-to's I guess?

Sorry if this is a dead topic. And please move it to the PIT if it needs to be.

200.gif

I know I'm an annoying, pestering, always-wrong, blabbermouth, thread-bumper...but....

Anyone wanna help me win $20K tonight?

Have a ticket to a $100K NHL DFS Contest. Classic Rules. C-C-W-W-W-D-D-G-UTIL

Just some players to target or thoughts on tonight's games would be cool.

Right now, one of my potential lineups is:

C - S. Aho (CAR) - $7000
C - V. Trocheck (CAR) - $4500
W - S. Reinhart (FLA) - $5000
W - A. Svechnikov (CAR) - $6600
W - T. Teravainan (CAR) - $5300
D - T. DeAngelo (CAR) - $6200
D - E. Brannstrom (OTT) - $3100
G - A. Forsberg (OTT) - $7600
UTIL - C. Giroux (FLA) - $4400

A ton of CAR players, but that's what the lineup optimizers dictate are the best plays. Which makes me think I should fade some of them, not all (maybe keep the Necas's, Jarvis's or Pesce's on the roster).

Back