• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seriously, why hasn't Dino gotten another coaching gig yet?

People criticize Teague for standing around although I don't remember much movement from LD at SG.

I'm not sure that the lack of movement is on the players as much as on the bench...

Haven't seen anything to suggest he wasn't.

I'm pretty sure Wellman tried to get a conversation with Brad Stevens going before Dino got the axe, but learned early in the process that he wasn't interested. Butler announced they had signed an extension with Stevens on April 9. WFU announced Dino's firing the very next day. I'm sure that [name redacted] was very high on the list all along, but that Stevens was originally a high priority for Wellman.

That's possible. But Stevens was the hot coaching prospect and would have gotten an extension anyway. We can't say for sure it was in reaction to interest from Wellman.

He took Jeff Teague off point and gave the ball to Ish. ADs pay attention to those type decisions.

He took Jeff Teague off point and gave the ball to Ish. ADs pay attention to those type decisions.

Yeah, that didn't happen. Ish pretty much always played point when he was in, missed a few games, came back to play point during the point of the season when we played our best ball, and stayed there. We have rehashed these numbers many times.

Yeah, that didn't happen. Ish pretty much always played point when he was in, missed a few games, came back to play point during the point of the season when we played our best ball, and stayed there. We have rehashed these numbers many times.

So "That didn't happen. Yes it happened."

On a related note, I'm surprised that Seth Greenberg is still out of coaching. His firing was a completely different set of circumstances from Dino's, aside from royally ticking off the AD. The best line I heard this year was from John Feinstein interviewing Bob McKillop. The talk naturally turned to Steph Curry. Feinstein asked "Are you sending Seth Greenberg 10% of your salary"?

Back