• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I get what you are saying and I don't think that anyone is expecting Tiger to win at a clip that he was at back in his prime but if you have been watching today (assuming you haven't) he looks damn good. Ball speed on the drives 179-181 consistently (Rory averaged 180 last year) and putting looks great. Chipping will be an issue at this tourney with the way they cut the bermuda around the greens but that will improve with time and confidence/practice. He really looks healthy finally and pain free, it's fun to see.

As for the fields being deeper I agree, but if you think a healthy Tiger is worried/going to be beat by damn Rafa Cabrera Bello or some of the other guys outside of the top 20 I don't really know what to to tell you.

Not saying that Tiger is worried about anyone else in the least. I expect him to welcome the challenge. Just saying that the competition he'll encounter will be way stiffer than it was 10-15 years ago, so it'll be way harder for him to win 5 more majors.

Not saying that Tiger is worried about anyone else in the least. I expect him to welcome the challenge. Just saying that the competition he'll encounter will be way stiffer than it was 10-15 years ago, so it'll be way harder for him to win 5 more majors.

Meh, a lazy take. If you look at scoring averages and such of top players on the tour it hasn't gotten significantly better at all since Tiger last dominated.

Not gonna lie, when Tiger dropped the eagle putt i lost it. I am a yuge tiger fan boi.

I didn't realize that Webb's father passed away on Sunday. Sounds like he was an outstanding man. Sad.

Curious to see how he finishes today, impressive first 2 rounds for sure.

His swing looks quite a bit different. More upper body driven? He is still generating good speed. Looks fit.

It’s just a matter of his body holding up. That’s a complete unknown. If it does, he’ll definitely be competitive and probably win again. Remarkable how far he’s come in a few months. Who knows if / how badly pills were effecting him.

Tiger with a 325 yard rope driver on the green for an eagle look, drains it. Could be a really fun year for golf if he can clean up around the edges of his game. His previous comebacks would feature one good round out of 4, not one bad round out of 4.

Plus on day one I think he a good eagle and a birdie look on the last 3 par 5's but came out of them +2. Had a few grainy chips from the bermuda he was rusty on. He's leaked probably 6 strokes on simple things that come from playing more often.

Completely shocked by him this week.

Fowler finished with a 61 (-11) and -18 for the win. Course and tournament record
Hoffman came in 2nd

Tiger with a 325 yard rope driver on the green for an eagle look, drains it. Could be a really fun year for golf if he can clean up around the edges of his game. His previous comebacks would feature one good round out of 4, not one bad round out of 4.

Plus on day one I think he a good eagle and a birdie look on the last 3 par 5's but came out of them +2. Had a few grainy chips from the bermuda he was rusty on. He's leaked probably 6 strokes on simple things that come from playing more often.

Completely shocked by him this week.

Agree completely. He left at least 6 shots out there like DC says from just being rusty. He putted really well but it's Tiger. That's what he does.

Tiger has a more sustainable physique this time around. He looks like an in-shape 40-something rather than a wannabe hardbody. He's got a little dad gut. Still has guns, but nothing crazy.

Tiger committed to playing the Farmer's Open at Torrey. Should be a fun tournament.

Hopefully it won't be 50 and rainy this time around. He needs to pay attention to the weather forecasts this time around.

Looking forward to watching a couple hours or so of the Maui tourney and having the PGA tour back when it's 25 degrees here. The PGA Fall events are lousy other than that Korean course. The Euro tour has better Fall events on more interesting courses - in Turkey, Dubai, Valderrama, the Player course in RSA, St Andrew's and wherever they play in Australia. And I love the west coast swing. Pebble, Torrey and Riviera are my favorite stops outside of the majors and the Players.

Also looking forward to the US Open going back to Shinnecock after the disaster they had there when Goosen won on unputtable greens. It's a beautiful course, but like Erin Hills, if the wind doesn't blow, the scores will be low if you don't kill the greens. I think Mike Davis is more willing than the last USGA guy to just accept low scores if the weather doesn't cooperate with him. Not a big Carnoustie fan, but it seems to produce memorable Opens. But I have no memory of Bellerive. Anyone here play it or remember it, and is it still worthy of a major?

Turned to golf after the football games. That drive that DJ hit to 4" on the downhill 433 yard 12th was 1 of the sicker shots I've ever seen. Now that he's tidied up his wedges and short game, I'd be astonished if he doesn't win a major this year if he stays healthy. I know that's not a large field, but he easily lapped a field that included many of the top players.

Back