• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I heard an interview with Tesori discussing the fact Webb is not a long driver but that he hits his irons exceptionally long. Interesting

The real good news for Webb is that he now has another five years of exemptions on the Tour. That's something for a guy that is 32.

They said last night that he was 1st in Driving accuracy and DFL in driving distance. Pretty interesting, and I'm sure extremely helpful on a course with a ton of water.

Yeah, he's similar to Ian Poulter in terms of their games, and Poulter has been a runner up a couple of times there. Shorter hitters like Choi, Tim Clark, Fred Funk, Price, Leonard, Janzen, Elkington and Kite have also won there. Accuracy is way more important than length on that course. And on 2 of the par 5s (2 and 9), many of the longer hitters aren't even hitting driver. And even though the rough wasn't too penal this year, there is a lot of water there and some nasty places if you stray wildly.

The real good news for Webb is that he now has another five years of exemptions on the Tour. That's something for a guy that is 32.

Excellent timing with his last 5-year-exemption win coming in 2012.

Youve got it right... but, Its incredible just how scattered and downright wrong a lot of the information on this (tour qualification/exemptions) topic is.

The 1st Google result (golflink) for me unequivocally stated that major champions have their card for life.

If that were the case, Daly would have put on 300 more lbs to free up some more ad space every Thursday and Friday.

I heard an interview with Tesori discussing the fact Webb is not a long driver but that he hits his irons exceptionally long. Interesting

Webb traps and compresses the shit out of the ball.

It’s really annoying when a person has a set of convictions and actually stands by them. Give me a guy like Trump all day long. That’s a guy who is really #winning. I also hear that Webb is stuck being
Married with kids and doesn’t live the satisfied life of being able to sleep with all sorts of different women whenever he will pay for their dinner or a weekend at the beach. #loser.

First in driving accuracy last in driving distance, dominated the field.

March is such a better month for that golf course. Tons of runout with very little rough takes the teeth out of it.

Isn’t Glover related somehow to former Deac basketball player Todd Hendley? Seems I remember that from a board thread a few years back. And I notice his mom is referenced in the article as a Hendley.

Last edited:
Back