• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Shame Haas did absolutely nothing after the British to merit even being part of the discussion.

I don't see how it isn't 9-12. The question is who does he leave off today? Fowler didn't make the Tour Championship, so if you are picking him, you have to do it today. He should leave off Bubba. Holmes earned it this week. Kuchar earned it at the Olympics IMO. Some golfers don't like Bubba; think everybody likes Fowler which gives him the edge.

Yep. No Bubba. Well done, Davis.

ETA: Bubba was #9 in qualifying, so he will probably still get the nod, unless somebody like Kisner or Justin Thomas does really well at East Lake.

Last edited:
Shame Haas did absolutely nothing after the British to merit even being part of the discussion.

I don't see how it isn't 9-12. The question is who does he leave off today? Fowler didn't make the Tour Championship, so if you are picking him, you have to do it today. He should leave off Bubba. Holmes earned it this week. Kuchar earned it at the Olympics IMO. Some golfers don't like Bubba; think everybody likes Fowler which gives him the edge.

You nailed it.

I think unless someone comes from the pack that Bubba is the pick after East Lake.

I think the last pick pretty much has to be someone who is playing in the Tour Championship, and that Furyk's lone chance at being picked was today.

I'm pretty sure the captains, team and players already know who the 4th pick is. Phil basically came out yesterday and said its been done for a while and everyone was on board.

LOVE the Fowler pick. This team could surprise the Euros. Who do we think gets the last spot?

Really? You pulling for the Euros? Fowler got on because he's well-liked in the team room, not due to current form, ability to close, playoff performances, etc. Actually, except for his finish at The Players what exactly has he done in big tournaments? His sparkling Ryder Cup winless record certainly couldn't have helped him. Just don't get all the Rickie Love...good looks only get you so far. Bubba, Furyk, Moore or Berger are more deserving, to name just 4. Thought DL3 was gonna go with the "hot" players??? They say Rickie's a nice guy too....well, we all know where nice guys usually finish. And how in hell was he even on the selection committee to revamp the US RC process? Oh yeah, he's had years of experience on tour, winning, etc...I forgot.

Won't be surprised to see another Euro butt-kicking....

Really? You pulling for the Euros? Fowler got on because he's well-liked in the team room, not due to current form, ability to close, playoff performances, etc. Actually, except for his finish at The Players what exactly has he done in big tournaments? His sparkling Ryder Cup winless record certainly couldn't have helped him. Just don't get all the Rickie Love...good looks only get you so far. Bubba, Furyk, Moore or Berger are more deserving, to name just 4. Thought DL3 was gonna go with the "hot" players??? They say Rickie's a nice guy too....well, we all know where nice guys usually finish. And how in hell was he even on the selection committee to revamp the US RC process? Oh yeah, he's had years of experience on tour, winning, etc...I forgot.

http://www.rydercup.com/2010/usa/news/match_25_recap.html

This was a real gutsy match and Fowler finished unbelievably strong on Sunday to set up Mahans choke job. Fowler has the game to perform well at the RC.

Lol at Bubba being included in that if you want to include recent form....

Last Top 10 was March 3rd

Rickie at least had a top 10 at the Barclays (1 of 4 since Bubba's last)

I think the last pick pretty much has to be someone who is playing in the Tour Championship, and that Furyk's lone chance at being picked was today.

Agreed. In listening to Davis describe how he leaned on the assistant captains, I definitely got the feeling Furyk was not the 4th guy.

71, even though Fowler is "winless" in Ryder Cup matches, he was won 31% of the available points. Bubba has won 27% of available points. So, in addition to Bubba playing like shit since March as ramrod points out, Fowler is a more sucessful Ryder Cupper than Bubba.

http://www.rydercup.com/history/usa/ryder-cup-team-usa-all-time-player-records

These picks are more about personality/like ability and overall fit, just cloaked in "performance", "form" or other stats. Given that don't see Bubba making it.

These picks are more about personality/like ability and overall fit, just cloaked in "performance", "form" or other stats. Given that don't see Bubba making it.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/bub...inal-captains-pick-davis-love-already-told-us

This article argues the same thing and basically makes the case that the final pick will be either Thomas or Berger, neither of which I would have a problem with in the context of setting up future Ryder Cup teams. Berger has some Patrick Reed in him...

Well at least our Ryder Cup team has some really good guys who get along together.

Well at least our Ryder Cup team has some really good guys who get along together.

Tiger and Phil will still be there. And Reed is still about the 2nd most disliked player on tour. OTOH, personality problems haven't caused problems for the Euros before with Harrington and Garcia being on the same teams, and they still kicked our asses last time with Rory and GMac not on speaking terms.

Simo, what's the deal with Furyk? He's never had much of a personality, but is he actually disliked on tour?

I don't think he is disliked, just not exactly popular or fits in well. Very prickly guy. I have a good friend who has officiated a lot US Opens and has had him several times. Once he hit a bad shot and berated a marshal who was standing directly behind his back. Furyk could not possibly have seen him. Stuff like that.

I think Thomas gets it after reading DLs comments more in depth. Berger isn't well liked either

Back