• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Senate Races

Didn’t Trump support Collins and Kemp defied Trump to go with her?

what's the speculation?

I'm assuming that Loeffler is getting the endorsement of the QAnon supporting congresswoman-elect.

Or that Loeffler is now a QAnon supporter.

Maybe both.

I'm assuming that Loeffler is getting the endorsement of the QAnon supporting congresswoman-elect.

Or that Loeffler is now a QAnon supporter.

Maybe both.

Loeffler is really racking up some impressive endorsements. Maybe Steve King and former Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Scott Baio will all endorse her soon as well.

It is pathetic that an Republican incumbent running in a special election in a red state has to pander to the extremists just to get to around 25% of the vote.

Lindsay Graham referred to segregation as the "good old days."

Last edited:
I hate Lindsay just as much as the next guy, but you can’t seriously think that’s what he was doing.

Not sure what you mean. It was a silly line of questioning given the school segregation cases and affirmative action cases that have come in front of the Court over the last two decades. And he could have just said “segregation.”

He was trying to make the point that it’s ridiculous to be concerned about that issue and sarcastically called them the good old days. I don’t like him, I don’t like the nominee, and I think there are plenty of actual racists in the senate, or at least senators that don’t do enough to stop the batshit crazy messaging. But I don’t think Lindsay is racist, just a leech.

Sorry for the double post, I misstated what he was doing with the line of questioning based on an earlier clip I saw. Here he’s contrasting issues that are completely settled with those that could conceivably be brought up again. The point about sarcasm is the same.

Right. I’m saying segregation has been brought up again. School segregation has been increasing. The Roberts Court has ruled against desegregation plans.

And “sarcasm” and dog whistles sound similar.

I hate Lindsay just as much as the next guy, but you can’t seriously think that’s what he was doing.

He may not have really meant it but he knew what he was doing. He knew that he could just say that he was being "sarcastic" while at the same time sending a clear message to the people in SC reminding them that his opponent in the senate race wouldn't even be on the ballot in the "good old days". Same thing with his comment in the debate about black people being able to go anywhere in SC as long as they are conservative. He's not misspeaking. He knows exactly what he's saying.

I’m certainly not going to spend my morning defending Lindsay. If this hurts him at the polls, good. I also don’t agree with his premise, I just don’t think it was quite so nefarious. But I certainly hope he’s irrelevant in a few months.

Lindsey is definitely a casual racist, like many of his age and gender - but he's using the ACB hearings as a campaign event and I definitely wouldn't put it past him to use pro-segregation language in attempt to dog whistle the hardcore Trumpers who may think twice about voting for him in SC.

South Carolinians are definitely glued to their TV sets watching these hearings and waiting to listen to Lindsey Graham speak for five minutes, so they can decide whether or not to vote for him.

Back