• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diplomacy

Is something wrong with their server? Won't load.

So there is no mafia or diplo? I have to work? WTF

Looks like two issues that are likely related. 1) Servers will go down this weekend 2) they're having issues with advancing games where the games get stuck - likely due to the upcoming server migration. Game two appears frozen on the build for the time being.

From their release:

Game processing now stopped. Games that reach their current deadlines will stay on Timer 0 and will not process the turn.

Once the server and databases have been moved, the deadlines will be moved.

The move has been completed, and apparently went smoothly enough that it was done much quicker than expected. While we are back up and running, the DNS nameservers (which exist all around the world) may not all have the updated IP address. This means that there could be many people who are not yet able to get to the site yet. It can take awhile for all the nameservers to get updated with the new IP addresses. In the interest of fairness, we want to wait before restarting the queue to allow for everyone to be able to return.

THESE SERVERS ARE DUMB

Both games are back up.

They extended the same amount of time as each game would have had if it occurred over the weekend, so please finalize orders when you are done. Waiting a day for the build in game two, and 5 days for the first game makes no sense at all.

The delay in the first game is entirely my fault, and by that I mean it's the website's fault as I cannot send messages to anyone right now. It will randomly send a message here and there, but 90% of my sent messages take me to a "Server is moving, we will be back up soon!" page and it is extremely frustrating.

And now I can't even access the game

Alright, it appears to be up and moving for me. Is it working for everybody else?

I'm still having server issues and can't finalize moves for either game, so sorry if it fucks up. I'll try again soon

Nvm, just went through. Wtf.

I'm still having server issues and can't finalize moves for either game, so sorry if it fucks up. I'll try again soon

That's odd. Have you tried it in different browsers? I haven't had any problem on my work or home computer, and my phone is fine too.

These games are going to take forever if people don't utilize the "finalize orders" button. Well, the first game won't take long for me because I have already been eliminated.

I understand it on a regular 24 hour day. Not having your orders finalized by now when the phase is 71 hours old now is....frustrating.

Back